• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

iFollow Problems

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry to start a new thread on this topic, only it appears the originals on the topic have disappeared.

Is everybody else settled in now with original teething troubles sorted with iFollow? The reason I ask is that I've subscribed to every match, but I really dont get the reception I would like. I cant very easily listen to the commentary and watch the match at the same time! And just watching is really not very good. I have a windows 8.1. HP Desktop converted to windows 10, and the available RAM is very small. I only have quite a bunch of photos stored, yet I'm getting the warning that the computer could run slow. I dont think the Windows 10 upgrade (which installs edge) was the best thing I could have done, but I cant go back. It did work better on edge, but deteriorated, so I switched to Chrome, which is okay, but somewhat jerky. Any ideas chums on what to do? :mad:

CWH-NYC_

Impossible to listen to the match and watch at the same time unless you have two subscriptions I think.
Picture quality I find to be quite acceptable on all three devices I use, one of which is a basic IPhone. Quality of the filming itself varies a bit depending on location and the cameraman!

Jazzi

Live not far from Exeter, so am able to attend most matches. Am I right in thinking that iFollow just gives you the one camera position? In a sense of course that's what those who are at SJP get - Just one viewing point and no match commentary, maybe we've all been spoiled by TV!

PeteUSA

Interesting. For the first few games, I could listen and watch, and I think that aspect is part of what you pay for. I only stopped doing that because the commentary was so far behind the picture (probably 5-6 seconds) that I couldnt stand it! I forget how I did it now; it might have involved opening a separate tab, its certainly do-able.

PeteUSA

Interesting. For the first few games, I could listen and watch, and I think that aspect is part of what you pay for. I only stopped doing that because the commentary was so far behind the picture (probably 5-6 seconds) that I couldnt stand it! I forget how I did it now; it might have involved opening a separate tab, its certainly do-able.
You're correct. There appears to be only one camera, but the camera-man is excellent in zooming in and out at the correct moment, i.e. Stockleys header v Crewe. Just like in the old days with The Big Match on a sunday afternoon, with Brian Moore. I think its followed as closely as possible since the company understands their footage will be watched largely on computers. I think that footage supplied to Sky and the BBC is from that same camera.

Jazzi

Quoting yourself is a sure-fire way to finding common ground!

PeteUSA

Live not far from Exeter, so am able to attend most matches. Am I right in thinking that iFollow just gives you the one camera position? In a sense of course that's what those who are at SJP get - Just one viewing point and no match commentary, maybe we've all been spoiled by TV!
I'm sorry. How the hell did I do that? It should of course been your post above! :$

(Could a kindly mod please tidy that up? Rae!!)

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

I'm sorry. How the hell did I do that? It should of course been your post above! :$

(Could a kindly mod please tidy that up? Rae!!)
Well it made me chuckle..:D..

Is the subscription per month or for the whole season ?

Matt Russell

Think yourself lucky all you iFollowers - I wish that when the action was at the far end my eyes would zoom in and out!

PeteUSA

Think yourself lucky all you iFollowers - I wish that when the action was at the far end my eyes would zoom in and out!
That is a major upside Matt, and just for $7 a game. I suspect there are a tremendous amount of subscribers, particularly for away games. The matchday thread is dead on here while the game is in progress, but it gets a landslide of posts after the final whistle!