• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Easiest 3 points of the season.

les.gtfc

For your boys on Saturday.

Doesn't matter if we do have a new manager in place before the game, I don't think anyone could get the players that we have this season playing well. Russell Slade has done irreparable damage, getting rid of our best players and signing aging past-it ones. 13 games without a win, and it's just thankful that Barnet and Chesterfield are so bad that we might, might just stay up this season.

Safe journey to all those traveling, enjoy the day and the 3 points.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
For your boys on Saturday.

Doesn't matter if we do have a new manager in place before the game, I don't think anyone could get the players that we have this season playing well. Russell Slade has done irreparable damage, getting rid of our best players and signing aging past-it ones. 13 games without a win, and it's just thankful that Barnet and Chesterfield are so bad that we might, might just stay up this season.

Safe journey to all those traveling, enjoy the day and the 3 points.
Not necessarily, Les.

If we played like we did at home to Mansfield on Saturday you will win. If we are at our best, we will indeed roll over you.

Looking forward to my first visit to Cleethorpes, and making the connection with Peter Blundell and Tiverton.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Looking forward to it.

Going Saturday means I'll have completed all the grounds in League 2.

les.gtfc

There's not much round the ground for a pre-match pint. Just the Blundell Park Hotel which does let away fans in but this (as the name suggests) is a hotel with a bar, rather than a pub, and does get fairly busy. (You can get a beer in the ground)

Best bet for a pre/post-match pint is Cleethorpes High Street/Market Place where there are plenty of pubs/bars including a Wetherspoons. It's about a 15 minute brisk stroll, straight down the main road, from there to the ground.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't give us that crap Les, there's always new manager syndrome to consider.

Many off those struggling teams have given us problems this season, Port Vale, Barnet, Chesterfield, Crewe, Yeovil all gave us a sound testing. It's a long old journey and personally I'd be happy with a point (although 3 would be nice!). Keep the faith.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Music to our ears, Les, but we're not quite convinced. That "13 games without a win" is worrying!

andrew p long

and even Tis has pointed out that we've twice this season played struggling sides who haven' won in an eternity and just sacked their manager. We lost both games.

manc grecian

Nailed on 3 points for Grimsby after this thread.

IndoMike

No easy games for City - it's always blood , sweat and tears.

Colesman Ballz

No easy games for City - it's always blood , sweat and tears.
Except the odd euphoric occasion like night. Just leaves you dangling on a string waiting seemingly forever, for the next one to come along though. :)