• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our remaining fixtures.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Both Chesterfield and Port Vale will be fighting for their EFL lives so neither game is going to be an easy ride. Also Carlisle are looking a bit dangerous. Really need the Accie bubble to burst before we play them at their place mid April.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wonder if he watches games or just analyses from results ?
The opinion of these guys has no more value than our own opinion. He doesn't know what's gonna happen, and neither do we.

Colesman Ballz

Wonder if he watches games or just analyses from results ?
What, you mean like his analysis of our HOME draw with Swindon ? (rofl)

Alistair20000

Must confess to not reading his epistle Mr Ballz.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
CB we can all make mistakes indeed it is more likely to be a printing (for want of a better word) error. Otherwise in fairness to him his comments were reasonably accurate.

Red Devon

If we could win another three of our away games (which on paper looks a possibility) 5 more homes wins a possibility and a couple draws we could well do it!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
13 games left, if we can average 2 points a game we should get 84 points which maybe enough for automatic promotion. Simples!

Pobbop

CB we can all make mistakes indeed it is more likely to be a printing (for want of a better word) error. Otherwise in fairness to him his comments were reasonably accurate.
Really? looked a pretty pish article to me, we apparently look brilliant one day, terrible the next. Nah in fact it's almost the opposite we're far from mecurial, just solid, which is often enough to get promotion, so I'm not knocking it.

Couple of matches we've been really good, couple we've been really bad, which is a level of consistency most teams don't have, over a season.

TBH if we win all our lesser matches and lose to Lincoln and Accie, I'll take that TBH, probably means we'll be comfortably top 3, but I doubt it will pan out that way.

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not exactly in our hands yet but anything between 15 and 18 points from the March games and depending on how others perform with only six games left it could well be. Just worried about where the goals are going to come from and hoping against hope that Matt Jay or even Hiram Boateng might be able to step up to the mark and deliver.

Failing this and to achieve a top three place it would seem that Jayden would need to get his goal tally currently 17 (5 of which scored in cup games) up to very near our record goal scorer, Fred Whitlow who in season 1932-33 netted 33 times. A somewhat unlikely and daunting task which underlines the need for others to contribute to the goals for column on a regular basis.

Avening Posse

I see the only midweek is Wycombe vs Coventry, if Wycombe lose or even draw, their 3rd place is catchable if we win games in hand, I actually love analysing all the differing teams and their upcoming fixtures at this time of the season, but suspect it bores quite a few !! Ha !