• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Mansfield Match Day Thread

TOP_CITY_FAN

Not quite a 'must win' but more a 'must not lose' kind of game.

Score early and we'll be fine.

You reds!

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not quite a 'must win' but more a 'must not lose' kind of game.

Score early and we'll be fine.

You reds!
Certainly a 'could do with a win if our games in hand are to make progression rather than just play catch up' kind of game and a win could give us chance to make some in roads on the teams above us. Lincoln are at Crawley, Notts County are at Newport, a definite chance of dropped points there and wouldn't fancy Wycombe getting too much change at Cheltenham.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In hospitality today. Going to be a tough match. Hope some more of our injured players are back in the squad, fit and ready to go.

Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2018/02/15/next-up-exeter-city-vs-mansfield-town-3/

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
So who's passed fit for duty today ? Could be that we've got more players available for this one than we've had for a while and with that in mind I'm hopeful of a win today. Boateng to play a full game would be good.

Rog H K

Rumour last home game that Ryan Brunt wasn't far off being picked. Chance he may be on bench today???

IndoMike

So who's passed fit for duty today ? Could be that we've got more players available for this one than we've had for a while and with that in mind I'm hopeful of a win today. Boateng to play a full game would be good.
Many are in training : expect them to be back at some non-specific time in the future.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Many are in training : expect them to be back at some non-specific time in the future.
I thought they were due back within a rolling two-week period?

IndoMike

I thought they were due back within a rolling two-week period?
Exactly.......

David Treharne

It's been raining during the last hour, and rainfall total to 10:00 is 3mm (sorry!). The wind has shifted from N to WNW in the last hour and barometric pressure is increasing which could suggest that it will a dry, if dull (hopefully not on the pitch!) afternoon. It's currently 5c, but feels slightly warmer. There's 75% grey cloud cover with areas of brightness where the sun is trying to break through. I'm reliably informed - by the guy in the corner shop, actually - that there was bright sunshine at 07:00. I had to take his word for it. The pitch looks a bit messy in places - not really a surprise given the amount of rain that we've had in the last week (at least one day over 10mm Grecian 2K) and I imagine it will cut up quite badly.
As to today's game - who know? If Exeter City turn up in body and spirit they should win- they seem to better against the better sides. Looking forward to the imminent return of Troy Brown -sometime soon!
Update at 13:00

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Troy Brown is very close to being back. Spoke to him during week and he said he was four weeks ahead of where his recovery should be and was looking forward to a C&F friendly this week to assess where he was. He seemed very optimistic about being back sooner rather than later.

As for the game, I think it’ll match the weather: grim. Having said that I was entertained by last week’s game - a good old fashioned division four slug fest played in good spirit with both teams going for a win. Is it too much to hope for the same two weeks running?