• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best players in League 2

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Morning ladies and gents.

First of all I apologise if this thread would be allowed on WoWS but thought I'd chuck it here to be on the safe side.

Anyway let's get into it. I've been asked to put together a piece for FourFourTwo magazine regarding 'my' views on who 'I' think the top 5 players are in League 2 this season, excluding anyone from ourselves. The players can be based on being a big name, the performances they have put in this season so far or simply because you like to watch them and wish we could sign them.

As easy as it would be picking 5 Luton players, pssh, it would be a big help to gauge more thoughts and ideas on who has impressed you this term.

Cheers in advance.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Gone are the days when I was 442's go-to person for these things...

I'd nominate the Barnet goalkeeper, who was different class in both matches against us this season.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Akinfenwa (Wycombe)

Jorge Grant (Notts County)

Olly Lee (Luton)

Christian Doidge (FGR)

Mohamed Eisa (Cheltenham)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Harry Cornick (Luton).

It's been moved to WoWs, relevant to Exeter as most will judge on the games we've seen watching Exeter.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Akinfenwa (Wycombe)
Not a chance. Yes, he's big, bloody awkward to mark and has the nous to use it to his best advantage but is he actually that good? He's nothing that would stand out if it wasn't for his sheer size.

CREDYGRECIAN

Not a chance. Yes, he's big, bloody awkward to mark and has the nous to use it to his best advantage but is he actually that good? He's nothing that would stand out if it wasn't for his sheer size.
Apart from his goal record , ability to assist others or hold the ball up, win possession high up the field and ease pressure on wycombes back four

One of the best strikers in the division, his size helps naturally but 15 goals and 10 assists (with most in league 2) says it all

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Billy Kee is a shout at Accrington as well - like Akinfenwa perfect for league 2

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apart from his goal record , ability to assist others or hold the ball up, win possession high up the field and ease pressure on wycombes back four

One of the best strikers in the division, his size helps naturally but 15 goals and 10 assists (with most in league 2) says it all
Can't argue with any of that - would get in my team too

LOG

I've always thought that Akinfenwa is a very good player. Ok, you couldn't accuse him of being mobile but he's got a great first touch and plays to his strengths. Always remember the goal at the start of this clip that he scored against us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOuXcJubgxg

Red Monster

Dan Potts Luton

Elliott Lee. Luton

Jodi Jones. Coventry (injured but still top player)

Jorge Grant. Notts Co

Sean McConville Accrington