Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City Matchday Thread 13.02.18. - MATCH OFF

Re: Port Vale v Exeter City Matchday Thread 13.02.18. - MATCH OFF

A few Vale fans questioning the postponement. In fairness a few aren't surprised either.

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/s...st-Exeter-City

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    FFS always hate it when a games postponed. Port vale are on a bad run of form and have injuries and suspensions of their own. I wonder if they had any influence over this decision?

Not good as we'll probably drop out of the Play Offs tonight and have an increasing build up of fixtures. lets hope all these rearranged games doesn't have a negative impact on our final standing in the table.
    Very similar feelings plus side more time to help injured players recover. Minus Vale on a poor run and danger of having a back log of fixtures also the psychological effect of the likelihood of inevitability dropping out of the playoff places. Indeed if results went against us we could well finish the evening ninth.

Games in hand are all very well but they have to be won and again the negative psychological effect of appearing to be chasing the pack or the autos as opposed to the positive one of being up there in the mix. Mansfield always was a real six pointer and failing to win this one could well see us ending the day in ninth or tenth place depending on how Crawley’s results have been both tonight and on Saturday.

I think Port Vale wanted this game OFF and could not be bothered trying to make the pitch playable. They have key players injured / Suspeneded

Also there is only one other game in the whole of England (including non-league) that is OFF tonight at the moment!!

We never seem to get a break with this type of thing, not happy about it plus was looking forward to some afternoon entertainment.

Just for the sake of balance, I’m sure we postponed a midweek home game with Port Vale a few seasons ago right at the last minute due to a frozen pitch. At least we’ve been given a bit of notice .

Quote Originally Posted by edindevon View Post
    Just for the sake of balance, I’m sure we postponed a midweek home game with Port Vale a few seasons ago right at the last minute due to a frozen pitch. At least we’ve been given a bit of notice .
    Indeed..Nothing worse than a wasted journey & a early call off saves a lot of wasted travelling/time/expense for our supporters...

I have been to too many games on the road,that have been in serious doubt early in the day,only for the a postponement to happen a couple of hours before KO.
    It’s easy to moan about a early postponement when one is not travelling to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccity1 View Post
    I think Port Vale wanted this game OFF and could not be bothered trying to make the pitch playable. They have key players injured / Suspeneded
    It is true that we have one or two injuries and it is also true that we have been poor of late after a good December. However, in fairness, the weather up here has been appalling in recent weeks and the pitch has taken a hammering and has progressively deteriorated in recent games. I suspected that this would be the outcome over 24 hours ago. We had snow on Sunday night and it was terribly cold on Monday morning. Later yesterday it rained and again this morning. Many at the Vale have been complaining about the state of the pitch over the last 3 or 4 home games.

Quote Originally Posted by edindevon View Post
    Yep. I had travelled down from London for that game. Believe it was actually one of those H&S postponements for the surrounds rather than the pitch............

although Vale had lost heavily at the weekend, I expected a reaction from them tonight. Combined with the physical effects of City having just played Wycombe (see Jordan Storey for example) and on a heavy pitch, I wasn't that optimistic for tonight.