Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: How many if any ?

  1. #21
    John William's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Desolation Row
    Posts
    5,889

    Re: How many if any ?

    Hamer
    Ribs Taylor JMT Friend
    Edwards
    Wheeler Noble Moxey
    Stockley Watkins

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Looking for the cheese board
    Posts
    9,411

    Re: How many if any ?

    They'd probably play like ****e as a team, but:

    Jones
    Ribeiro, Taylor, Edwards, Friend
    Ampadu
    Wheeler, Harley (first time round), Noone
    Cureton, Watkins
    Last edited by Mr Jan Yeo; 13 February 2018 at 20:35.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Avondale (Near Phoenix) Arizona, USA.
    Posts
    16,572

    Re: How many if any ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Re: Ben Hamer: I thought he was quite "meh" during his spell with us - no better or worse than Paul Jones.
    I cant agree there. Hamer was the complete keeper; he couldnt have improved much more. Jonah was a long way short of Hamers standard.

  4. #24
    grecIAN Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In the drivers seat..........
    Posts
    19,150

    Re: How many if any ?

    Hamer would have to be in goal if loanees are allowed. If not, much as I knock him this season, I'd go Pym over Jones. Ribs at right back. Matt Taylor and then it's a toss up between JMT and Scrat for the other centre half position. (Why Scrat? Because he was the other half of the most solid centre half pairing Tis has had with Taylor). Georgie Boy at left back. Wheeler down the right. Grimes and Sercs in the middle, Deano down the left with Watkins floating around Stockley up front.

  5. #25
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    32,028

    Re: How many if any ?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    I cant agree there. Hamer was the complete keeper; he couldnt have improved much more. Jonah was a long way short of Hamers standard.
    What people seem to forget is he made quite a few fairly basic errors during his time with us. As I say, I don't think at the time he was any better or worse than Jones.

    EDIT: Thought I'd bring this to the top - plenty of faith in Hamer but later on quite a bit of negativity around him after a shocker:

    http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthr...4944-Ben-Hamer
    Last edited by Jason H; 14 February 2018 at 09:23.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hagley, Stourbridge
    Posts
    5,950

    Re: How many if any ?

    Quote Originally Posted by grecIAN Harris View Post
    Hamer would have to be in goal if loanees are allowed. If not, much as I knock him this season, I'd go Pym over Jones. Ribs at right back. Matt Taylor and then it's a toss up between JMT and Scrat for the other centre half position. (Why Scrat? Because he was the other half of the most solid centre half pairing Tis has had with Taylor). Georgie Boy at left back. Wheeler down the right. Grimes and Sercs in the middle, Deano down the left with Watkins floating around Stockley up front.
    That's what I'd go for too,save with Sir Rob for Scrat.

  7. #27
    TOP_CITY_FAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Where's the freedom of speech gone?
    Posts
    4,336

    Re: How many if any ?

    4-4-2 Diamond Wide

    Jones
    Friend - Taylor - JMT - Ribs
    Noble
    Holmes ---- Wheeler
    Harley
    Cureton - Watkins

  8. #28
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    32,028

    Re: How many if any ?

    One thing I've noticed is that nobody (myself included) has even up to now mentioned Jamie Mackie. Quite strange given all he has achieved, perhaps it was because he was only really on fire for us for around half a season before he left?

  9. #29

    Re: How many if any ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    What people seem to forget is he made quite a few fairly basic errors during his time with us. As I say, I don't think at the time he was any better or worse than Jones.

    EDIT: Thought I'd bring this to the top - plenty of faith in Hamer but later on quite a bit of negativity around him after a shocker:

    http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthr...4944-Ben-Hamer
    I have to say i'm wite PeteUSA on this one. Every player no matter who has the odd bad day at the office, but in my opinion Hamer was far and away the best keeper of the Tisdale era. But then i wasn't a huge fan of Jones ans would put him 3rd behind Hamer and Pym.

  10. #30
    bflockha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    wating for the next penalty
    Posts
    1,051

    Re: How many if any ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that nobody (myself included) has even up to now mentioned Jamie Mackie. Quite strange given all he has achieved, perhaps it was because he was only really on fire for us for around half a season before he left?
    Looking through thread was wondering why Jamie Mackie wasn't getting a mention; getting tinged with Green probably disqualifies him and as mentioned was he that consistent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •