Stockley Watkins

Re: How many if any ?

They'd probably play like ****e as a team, but:

Jones
    Ribeiro, Taylor, Edwards, Friend
    Ampadu
    Wheeler, Harley (first time round), Noone
    Cureton, Watkins
    Last edited by Mr Jan Yeo; 13 February 2018 at 20:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
    Re: Ben Hamer: I thought he was quite "meh" during his spell with us - no better or worse than Paul Jones.
    I cant agree there. Hamer was the complete keeper; he couldnt have improved much more. Jonah was a long way short of Hamers standard.

Hamer would have to be in goal if loanees are allowed. If not, much as I knock him this season, I'd go Pym over Jones. Ribs at right back. Matt Taylor and then it's a toss up between JMT and Scrat for the other centre half position. (Why Scrat? Because he was the other half of the most solid centre half pairing Tis has had with Taylor). Georgie Boy at left back. Wheeler down the right. Grimes and Sercs in the middle, Deano down the left with Watkins floating around Stockley up front.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    I cant agree there. Hamer was the complete keeper; he couldnt have improved much more. Jonah was a long way short of Hamers standard.
    What people seem to forget is he made quite a few fairly basic errors during his time with us. As I say, I don't think at the time he was any better or worse than Jones.

EDIT: Thought I'd bring this to the top - plenty of faith in Hamer but later on quite a bit of negativity around him after a shocker:

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthr...4944-Ben-Hamer
    Last edited by Jason H; 14 February 2018 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by grecIAN Harris View Post
    Hamer would have to be in goal if loanees are allowed. If not, much as I knock him this season, I'd go Pym over Jones. Ribs at right back. Matt Taylor and then it's a toss up between JMT and Scrat for the other centre half position. (Why Scrat? Because he was the other half of the most solid centre half pairing Tis has had with Taylor). Georgie Boy at left back. Wheeler down the right. Grimes and Sercs in the middle, Deano down the left with Watkins floating around Stockley up front.
    That's what I'd go for too,save with Sir Rob for Scrat.

4-4-2 Diamond Wide

Jones
    Friend - Taylor - JMT - Ribs
    Noble
    Holmes ---- Wheeler
    Harley
    Cureton - Watkins

One thing I've noticed is that nobody (myself included) has even up to now mentioned Jamie Mackie. Quite strange given all he has achieved, perhaps it was because he was only really on fire for us for around half a season before he left?

What people seem to forget is he made quite a few fairly basic errors during his time with us. As I say, I don't think at the time he was any better or worse than Jones.

EDIT: Thought I'd bring this to the top - plenty of faith in Hamer but later on quite a bit of negativity around him after a shocker:

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthr...4944-Ben-Hamer
    I have to say i'm wite PeteUSA on this one. Every player no matter who has the odd bad day at the office, but in my opinion Hamer was far and away the best keeper of the Tisdale era. But then i wasn't a huge fan of Jones ans would put him 3rd behind Hamer and Pym.

One thing I've noticed is that nobody (myself included) has even up to now mentioned Jamie Mackie. Quite strange given all he has achieved, perhaps it was because he was only really on fire for us for around half a season before he left?
    Looking through thread was wondering why Jamie Mackie wasn't getting a mention; getting tinged with Green probably disqualifies him and as mentioned was he that consistent