Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Efl TV highlights deal

Efl TV highlights deal

Re: Efl TV highlights deal

Channel 37 on Freeview. Let's hope they do a better job then C5, who didn't even show the penalty incident last night.

Hope the presenters and pundits have no connection with Talk Sport.

So half the amount of people watch on five than did on the BBC. The solution to this is to sell the rights to an even more obscure channel?

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    So half the amount of people watch on five than did on the BBC. The solution to this is to sell the rights to an even more obscure channel?
    Indeed...The EFL do not really care,it’s all about getting a few extra quid.The greed in football in a nutshell.

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Given that if you live in the St Thomas valley and can only get aerial reception from the EXTREMELY LIMITED number of channels that are available from the creaky old link from Redhills that is "wonderful" news.

For me if the BBC where interested as suggested the football league should've ripped their hands off. Ultimately placing on a more obscure channel will do nothing for viewership but also be less prevalent next time the highlights package Is out to tender but make the likes of the BBC not even consider it

I’m probably in a minority on here,but I’m not that interested in the highlights programme.Just seeing the goals on the local news channel is enough for me,as happened years ago.

Shame that Channel 5 had so few viewers. I thought, after the audience debacle, they put on a decent show. Highlights are just that a minute or so of action. Still even fewer viewers on Quest, of which I shall be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post
    I’m probably in a minority on here,but I’m not that interested in the highlights programme.Just seeing the goals on the local news channel is enough for me,as happened years ago.
    I do not think you are and that is the main issue. Highlights with the exception of match of the day (FA Cup and Premier League) do not have the value they once did. Viewers want the live action and specifically there team.

MOTD seems to the be only highlights show that retains a following. The rest have all but collapsed. Even the Champions league highlights show was not massively watched despite it being the only FTA Champions league show