Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Exeter Vs Sunderland U23s PL Cup match day thread

Re: Exeter Vs Sunderland U23s PL Cup match day thread

Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    I do wonder about this sometimes - given that Rodwell has been at Sunderland for well over 2 years, employment law says he must be treated as a permanent employee, irrespective of what his contract says. I can't see you could force him to take redundancy at the end of his contract as his job - that of footballer - is clearly still required. And it would be a devil of a job to dismiss him on grounds of competence (despite his poor showing in this match!).
    This is a really interesting point, and one which has come up many times in the various Tisdale debates. It makes me believe there must be some exceptions in employment law relating to fixed term contracts that are used by football clubs, otherwise you'd never be able to get rid of anyone with a two year or more contract, even when it comes to an end.

I can find info stating that all the knock-out ties in the last 16, quarters and semis are single match affairs.
    Does anyone know if the teams topping their groups get to play their last 16 match at home or is it an open draw?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Russell View Post
    I can find info stating that all the knock-out ties in the last 16, quarters and semis are single match affairs.
    Does anyone know if the teams topping their groups get to play their last 16 match at home or is it an open draw?
    I believe it's an open draw. Draw to be made in March.

Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    I do wonder about this sometimes - given that Rodwell has been at Sunderland for well over 2 years, employment law says he must be treated as a permanent employee, irrespective of what his contract says. I can't see you could force him to take redundancy at the end of his contract as his job - that of footballer - is clearly still required. And it would be a devil of a job to dismiss him on grounds of competence (despite his poor showing in this match!).
    I wouldn’t expect employment law to class him as a permanent employee when quite clearly he’s been given a contract for a fixed term. I would imagine this to be the case for contractors in the real world too who work to fixed term contracts otherwise there’d be no such thing as a fixed term contract for anything over two years if that classed you as being permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bill View Post
    This is a really interesting point, and one which has come up many times in the various Tisdale debates. It makes me believe there must be some exceptions in employment law relating to fixed term contracts that are used by football clubs, otherwise you'd never be able to get rid of anyone with a two year or more contract, even when it comes to an end.
    https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/te...erm-contracts/

I expect football clubs rely extensively on SOSR

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/te...erm-contracts/

I expect football clubs rely extensively on SOSR
    Its difficult to see what that substantial reason would be though. This looks destined to remain a mystery! ��

The 360 degree view of the game should be out later today.

The moment you've all been waiting for! The 360 view of Sunday's match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnzO3tWKmwo
    Last edited by Hants_red; 14 February 2018 at 17:58.