• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jacob Rees-Mogg

ExeterCityLad

Future PM material? Ladbrokes and a couple other bookies now have him favourite to be the next Prime Minister - Even better odds than Jeremy Corbyn!

Exe on Valdez

Rees Mogg is on my shortlist of Tories I would like to poke in the eye, along with Liam Fox, IDS and Bobo the clown.

I also have long list, but I appreciate that you have busy lives, so I will spare you.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rees-Mogg for PM?? God help us from that!! If it were the Dickensian times then he'd be a shoe in but his views on certain subjects just do not fit in to the 21st Century

Exe on Valdez

Rees-Mogg for PM?? God help us from that!! If it were the Dickensian times then he'd be a shoe in but his views on certain subjects just do not fit in to the 21st Century
Or even the 20th.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's a c**t, so pretty much nailed on.

IndoMike

He's a c**t, so pretty much nailed on.
Trump will love him : could be good for our huge oncoming trade deal with the Yanks.
I second your emotion.

MIKE

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

Love the Moggster, but he'd never win an election due to his outdated views on abortion/rape amongst other things. He could sneak in the back door a la Brown, but the electorate wouldn't warm to him in the way lots do with Boris.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He wouldn't even make it onto the ballot.

In a poll of Conservative members on a FB forum I belong to asking who they wish to be next leader, JRM currently stands in 3rd place (Boris is 7th!).

There's a lot of love for James Cleverly (currently 2nd). Emerging dark horse, I suspect.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He wouldn't even make it onto the ballot.

In a poll of Conservative members on a FB forum I belong to asking who they wish to be next leader, JRM currently stands in 3rd place (Boris is 7th!).

There's a lot of love for James Cleverly (currently 2nd). Emerging dark horse, I suspect.
It does seem that most of the support for JRM on Social Media comes from Ukippers and other further right groups, and not much from Tory members who can actually vote for him.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't say that - there is a lot of support for him from amongst the more moderate Conservative members of the various fora that I participate in, although he can and does divide opinion somewhat. Jinxy is right though that his religious views wouldn't endear him to the public (although he, like Tim Farron, has openly admitted that he wouldn't let his religious views trump those of the party and the country as a whole).