• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Winter Olympics 2018

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anyone else going to be watching? Apparently we're in with a genuine chance of winning a few medals.

Coverage on Eurosport (which I currently don't have) with highlights in the evening on BBC2. Hopefully I can get to catch some of the action.

ORy

Looking forward to the first ever British Cross country skiing medal, an outsider chance in the mens competitions.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Omerod being injured is a blow. Ryding is a real outside chance in the men's slalom, the artificial snow should play into his hands but it'll be a miracle if he can beat Hirscher and Kristofferson. Think our best chances are in the slopestyle/big air competitions and sliding.

Of the blue riband events I think Svindal will take the men's, Weireither (can't spell it) in the women's. Shiffrin has to be odds on for women's GS and SL, Hirscher the same in the men's. Not sure about SG, Lara Gut has a good chance in the women's but the men's is wide open.

Eurosport is 99p for the month if you're interested, available to watch online.

ORy

Impressive race by Andrew Musgrave in the 30K cross country, on the alert throughout but unable to keep u the attacks towards the end. Finished 7th and British all time best. Oh yes, triple Norwegian in the end������

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good Men's DH race, course looked much tougher than I expected judging by the test event. None of the top skiers seemed to have a clean run but Svindal was on a mission on the bottom half of the hill, thought Jansrud was going to take the gold but one mistake lost him a wedge of time. Very surprised that the Austrians weren't a bit higher, they'll be hoping that the golden boy does the business in the GS on Sunday.

Ashford Grecian

The female Swedish biathlon winner is rather "fit" :D

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does the speed skating lady actually practice inbetween Olympics? She spends most of the time on her arse. Got to be more than accidental surely.

Antony Moxey

Haha I thought that too Manc. I’d rather she was just beaten rather than falling over so we wouldn’t have the angst ridden analysis over how it happened, why it happened and how the UN needs to formulate a resolution over just how globally devastating it is to go headfirst into an anflatable fence FFS.

I can’t be the only one finding the coverage of the games utterly cringeworthy compared to the coverage of the summer games.

Alistair20000

Are we speaking of Elise ?

I was listening on the wireless on the way into town when she crashed out this morning. Matey who was commentating suggested she had been taken out by the Chinese girl and might be reprieved but I see Elise has been disqualified. VAR bias or correct decision ?

manc grecian

She tried to barge the Canadian out the way. The Canadian responded with a late sliding tackle that took her ankles out. They were both disqualified. From my limited experience Christie is on the brink of losing then gets all Scottish on everyone and decides if she can't win then nobody else can.