• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Great British Breakfast Fry Up

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
FFS. It takes about a minute to do scrambled eggs in a frying pan. The microwaved version always looks like cavity insulation foam.
It looks like it should be carved rather than served with a spoon!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The microwaved version always looks like cavity insulation foam.
Being a widower my culinary expertise was always pretty basic, hence my reliance on the microwave. My microwaved scrambled egg is edible enough - I'm not about to use it as a still life subject for a sculpture or painting. ;)

Also use the microwave to make my porridge as it limits the washing-up to a bowl and spoon.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
We might disagree about your politics Stuffers but love the 'cut of your jib' about kitchen related practicalities.

Forget "Nigella". I to subscribe to those maestros d'cuisne for the REAL man....Col Esterol and Art Attak!!!! (y)(y)

Swanaldo

My microwaved scrambled egg is edible enough.
Fair play.

My weekly scrambled egg is a bit of a ritual. On a Sunday morning after taking the dog out around 6:15* and visiting the car boot sale, I come home and always treat myself to scrambled egg on toast, orange juice and coffee.

No mucking about with whisks and milk. Toast on (granary preferred, dial no. 4), wee **** of butter in a small frying pan. Two big farm eggs, straight in, let them cook for 30 secs before touching them, season. Gently stir with a wooden spoon until no liquid visible in the pan. Heat off, butter the toast and serve. Sorted.

*Where's my medal, Jan?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no medal for 06:15, as well you know. Get up quarter of an hour earlier and I'll try to find the medal for you.

StroudGrecian

There's no medal for 06:15
Just sounds bizarre for a Sunday, unless you've just got in from the binge.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster

IndoMike

Fair play.

My weekly scrambled egg is a bit of a ritual. On a Sunday morning after taking the dog out around 6:15* and visiting the car boot sale, I come home and always treat myself to scrambled egg on toast, orange juice and coffee.

No mucking about with whisks and milk. Toast on (granary preferred, dial no. 4), wee **** of butter in a small frying pan. Two big farm eggs, straight in, let them cook for 30 secs before touching them, season. Gently stir with a wooden spoon until no liquid visible in the pan. Heat off, butter the toast and serve. Sorted.

*Where's my medal, Jan?
Just how I do my scrambled eggs. Couldn't be easier.

iscalad

Alistair20000