• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Great British Breakfast Fry Up

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
All thoughts and advice welcome on this important topic which I felt deserved a thread all of its own.

IndoMike

My thought is how can you be so cruel to start a whole thread on this topic? Only a few hours ago on this venerable website I mentioned that I had ceased to partake in this particular culinary delight due to cholesterol levels which are comparable to a standard Aussie test score v England.... and now you remind me of what I'm missing??!! This is a case for the combined brains of our beloved Board of Moderators.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Although I usually plump for poached eggs on mine I have been known to have scrambled as well. I live on the edge me.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Eggs , beans , sausages , button mushrooms , fried tomatoes , prefer turkey rasher's than bacon , 2 fried bread slices mmmmmm

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sausages (plural, very important this little "s")
Bacon
Black pud
Beans
Mushrooms
Fresh tomato (grilled)
Egg
Fried slice

When the latter is included my egg is fried (slightly runny) to stick on one half of the slice, the other will have beans on it. If no fried slice on offer, then eggs scrambled.

IndoMike

Eggs , beans , sausages , button mushrooms , fried tomatoes , prefer turkey rasher's than bacon , 2 fried bread slices mmmmmm
Turkey rahers?! Huh??!!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Turkey rahers?! Huh??!!
Sometimes see them used as a bacon substitute in halal branches of popular fast food chains.

IndoMike

Sausages (plural, very important this little "s")
Bacon
Black pud
Beans
Mushrooms
Fresh tomato (grilled)
Egg
Fried slice

When the latter is included my egg is fried (slightly runny) to stick on one half of the slice, the other will have beans on it. If no fried slice on offer, then eggs scrambled.
Hmm. Sounds good. I concur, but just a few beans, bacon, beef sausages, black pudding, tomatoes and mushroons (grilled, cough2), yesterday's boiled potatoes fried up, fried eggs cooked to perfection, and fried bread

IndoMike

Sometimes see them used as a bacon substitute in halal branches of popular fast food chains.
Do they have beef bacon in the UK Ali as a halal substitute? By the way, when i was in the UK last year it was really difficult to buy beef sausages : something to do with limited supply of skins (if you get my drift).

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Do they have beef bacon in the UK Ali as a halal substitute? By the way, when i was in the UK last year it was really difficult to buy beef sausages : something to do with limited supply of skins (if you get my drift).
I haven't heard of beef bacon. Yeah, beef sausages have been in somewhat short supply - and those I've eaten in recent years have been very poor quality.