Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great British Breakfast Fry Up

Re: The Great British Breakfast Fry Up

If creating the Full English when in France, I can recommend the Toulouse sausage. Right up there with a Cumberland or Lincolnshire.

The rashers are a bit of a problem over there mind. France is for ham fanciers and England for bacon fanciers.

Quote Originally Posted by feverpitch View Post
    Yes, a half moon and a full moon .
    In that case, they haven't changed the menu in 20 years. Fair play to that, it was a proper breakfast and we always had a warm welcome even though we were scruffy yoofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffy View Post
    Non of which gets anywhere near a frying pan.
    The fry ups don't go near a frying pan in a Spoons either though!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanaldo View Post
    Have you gone quite mad?

Surely the first rule of fry-up club is that, at some point during the fry-up, you have a forkful that has a bit of everything on it.
    At some point I don't mind a bit of toast with beans on, but I'd rather the bean juice didn't end up on the whole bit of toast.

Think we might consider adding a small slice of Spanish tortilla to our British breakfast as a farewell gesture. The egg, onion, potato and chorizo would go well with bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and even beans. Think we forgot toast and marmalade, too.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Think we might consider adding a small slice of Spanish tortilla to our British breakfast as a farewell gesture. The egg, onion, potato and chorizo would go well with bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and even beans. Think we forgot toast and marmalade, too.
    Disgusting ! You are turning the last bastion of Britain into some sort of Eurotrash concoction.

You'll be adding warm croissant's and want the coffee in a bloody bowl next lol.

To me at the moment this thread is the Great British Breakfast wind up. I am exiled in Turkey until the end of the month and as this is a Muslim country all this thread is achieving for me is lust and salivation.

I dream of an all you can eat full English with everything mentioned so far less the hash browns. Nobody has mentioned the HP sauce yet which surprises me. And yes toast and marmalade.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

I wont tell you about the Gammon steak with all the trimmings my wife is having tonight mate !

Hash browns are an invention of the Devil and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a full English.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post

Hash browns are an invention of the Devil and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a full English.
    Indeed Ramone, they and grits should be consigned to the "trash" cans of the USA's clinically obese !

In the culinary capital of the North Midlands that is Stoke you can purchase your Full English rolled up in oatcakes. If you're up for the Port Vale match take my advice and give it a miss.