Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wycombe Prediction thread

Re: Wycombe Prediction thread

I predict a very long game if they go in front, and average length game if we are in front. I fear a loss as we will have no answer to their diabolical time wasting, and the ref won't do anything about it..... Same old Same old against Ainsworth and his rabble..... Hate playing Wycombe...

A home 0-2 defeat by Wycombe in the last but one game reffed for us by Rowan and Martin's laugh in. A bad omen.

I haven't seen the L2 MOTM nominations, but I assume Ainsworth must be front runner?

Cue the curse kicking in and a 17-0 drubbing.

Whatever happens I predict that after the game people on here will complain about time wasting, goading the ref etc. If Tis an the team aren't aware of this then they haven't played Wycombe before, Renowned for it see get on with it and beat them. 2-1 City

Quote Originally Posted by DB9 View Post
    Whatever happens I predict that after the game people on here will complain about time wasting, goading the ref etc. If Tis an the team aren't aware of this then they haven't played Wycombe before, Renowned for it see get on with it and beat them. 2-1 City
    I think the issue is less that we have seen it all before, more that refs often seem oblivious to it. Merely adding 27 minutes of injury time suits nobody - booking players for timewasting gets to the nub. I've said it 3238928 times before but Keith Stroud when we played Dagenham a few seasons back showed the way - they were 1-0 up and went into full Wycombe mode, only for Stroud to start dishing out cards. Lost without this avenue, they folded and we won 2-1.

A defeat in this one

1-3
    Sweeney Penalty for us

I fear the usual story - Wycombe score in first 20 mins and then we never get back in to it with them breaking up the flow of the game at every opportunity. Soooo frustrating but I'm prepared for it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    A defeat in this one

1-3
    Sweeney Penalty for us

I fear the usual story - Wycombe score in first 20 mins and then we never get back in to it with them breaking up the flow of the game at every opportunity. Soooo frustrating but I'm prepared for it this time.
    Your never prepared for it..

Every game it is always, next time I will know it will happen.. But every time it annoys you that little bit more, as you they have been getting away with it for 4/5 years.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Impartial as always Jason - when are you going to let it go, you don't win anything for being top of the fair play league