• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

Doug3101

Just a heads up that the next trust forum will be held in the Trust Suite on the above day and is open to all supporters. It will include a Q & A session with Nick Hawker (Trust Chair) and the four working group leads
Pete Martin (Comms)
Pete Holding ( Finance & Governance)
Paul Farley (Community)
Paul West (Ownership & Membership)
Your chance to put your questions to the people who represent the owners.
See you there.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster

Spoonz Red E

If anyone has any questions to ask but can't make the meeting - if you want to post them here or pm me I'll make sure they get asked.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Although I am not an ageist - getting on a bit myself - I think it would be nice to have one younger face on the Trust Board, and/or a female, and/or some other diversity. This does not in any way reflect on the competency or commitment of the current Trust Board, which I know work hard for the club. But we live in a diverse world with supporters from diverse backgrounds, genders etc. and the Trust Board does not relect that. It's not about political correctness : it makes sense to have a more diverse board in order to connect with the wide range of supporter types. However, I do realize that if no women, younger folk etc.stand for election then the case is closed. By the way, is the Trust Board limited to five persons?

Last edited:

iscalad

Although I am not an ageist - getting on a bit myself - I think it would be nice to have one younger face on the Trust Board, a female, or some other diversity. This does not in any way reflect on the ability or commitment of the current Trust Board who I know work hard for thr club. But we live in a diverse world with supporters from diverse backgrounds, genders etc. and the Trust Board does not relect that. It's not about political correctness, but it makes sense to have a more diverse board in order to connect with the wide range of supporter types. However, I do realize that if no women, younger folk etc.stand for election then the case is closed. By the way, is the Trust Board limited to five persons?
Trouble is no one else can usually be bothered. Many years have gone without having to hold an election.

IndoMike

Trouble is no one else can usually be bothered. Many years have gone without having to hold an election.
I would like to see the TB extended to 7 members for the reasons I stated above and to share the workload. I understand that it's not easy to attract fans for this purpose : no pay, time commitnents etc. The current board has a lot of experience and hopefully wisdom and I am all for that as a relative oldie. I just feel it needs more spice.

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

I would like to see the TB extended to 7 members for the reasons I stated above and to share the workload. I understand that it's not easy to attract fans for this purpose : no pay, time commitnents etc. The current board has a lot of experience and hopefully wisdom and I am all for that as a relative oldie. I just feel it needs more spice.
Think the number currently stands at 15 ! Includes Elaine Davis of course.

IndoMike

Think the number currently stands at 15 ! Includes Elaine Davis of course.
Fifteen Trust Board members?? Jeez, I didn't know that. My mistake. So it's 14 blokes and one lady.

Colesman Ballz

Fifteen Trust Board members?? Jeez, I didn't know that. My mistake. So it's 14 blokes and one lady.
Actually, I think there is one vacancy at the moment, caused by Sean Devine's late resignation during the election process, and the subsequent election of just four rather than five members. The Board does have authority to co-opt a further member to serve until next years AGM.

IndoMike

Actually, I think there is one vacancy at the moment, caused by Sean Devine's late resignation during the election process, and the subsequent election of just four rather than five members. The Board does have authority to co-opt a further member to serve until next years AGM.
Ballzy. I'm confused. There are 15 Trust Board members or four (and should be 5) ?

Last edited: