Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

Re: Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    There are no shouty, ranty posts from me on this thread. But as mentioned above, on the Ant Moxey Thronegate thread - you know when somebody dared to remove your nameplate from your seat- there was a lot of ranting and raving a la Basil Fawlty from you. i'll bring it up again if it's still available just to remind you.
    Now, are you going to give us your political views, or just sit back and snipe at everyone else? I respect your opinions and would love to hear from you.
    Actually pretty much all of that is nonsense. I asked if season ticket holders’ seats could be reserved for friendly games then a lot of other people started going off on one, including many who never went into that particular stand. It wasn’t me ranting and raving, all I did was ask a question. And yes you are absolutely correct, nothing shouty or ranty from you on THIS thread (or most others that you contribute to), but on the election thread there were a couple of bizarre hysterical rants from you and that was all I commented on, those couple of posts. And not the content either, just the nature of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bill View Post
    Do you seriously think Exeter City exist in a bubble unaffected and disconnected from the outside world!?

A white man cannot represent a black woman as well as a black woman can because as a white man he has no experience or understanding of what its like to be a black woman. They cannot possibly know what it feels like or how it affects her to face inequalities, repression and outright racism and sexism. I do wonder as we celebrate 100 years of votes for women, whether you're sitting at home seething at the terrible waste of time energy and money giving votes to women was, when men had so clearly been doing such an excellent job of interpretting their needs and desires and turning that into positive action to calm their pretty little heads!

And of course your personal politics are relevant, its where your opinion is being formulated. Or perhaps you don' t understand what politics means?
    The vast majority of men gained the vote in 1918 too...Before that, votes were only available to property owners...An inconvenient fact that the Harriet Harman's of this world have airbrushed away. 90% of the men who died in the First World could not vote for the people who sent them there..Not ECFC related I accept, but a point that needs to be made in the circumstances...

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Actually pretty much all of that is nonsense. I asked if season ticket holders’ seats could be reserved for friendly games then a lot of other people started going off on one, including many who never went into that particular stand. It wasn’t me ranting and raving, all I did was ask a question. And yes you are absolutely correct, nothing shouty or ranty from you on THIS thread (or most others that you contribute to), but on the election thread there were a couple of bizarre hysterical rants from you and that was all I commented on, those couple of posts. And not the content either, just the nature of them.
    OK. Lets focus on the match. Hope it's not too chilly for all you guys and the match is as good as last year. Another 4-2 would be a fine result. Wish I could be there.
    Last edited by IndoMike; 10 February 2018 at 14:14.

OK. Lets focus on the match ...........and previously mention of 1918.
    Feels like 100 years too late for this thread, but can we dare to hope?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    The vast majority of men gained the vote in 1918 too...Before that, votes were only available to property owners...An inconvenient fact that the Harriet Harman's of this world have airbrushed away. 90% of the men who died in the First World could not vote for the people who sent them there..Not ECFC related I accept, but a point that needs to be made in the circumstances...
    Not quite true. The reform act of 1884(?) gave the vote to all male rate payers and as an act was passed round about the same time that tennents rather than landlords were liable for property tax, this actually gave the vote to around 60% of men. However you're right that most of the rest got the vote in 1918, but the majority already had the vote. The other fact that is often overlooked of course is that only a minority of women got the vote in 1918, the majority had to wait until 1928.It seems that men still found it hard to accept that women were their equals or had much understanding of women's issues in 1918. From some of the comments on here it looks like some still do!
    Last edited by Red Bill; 12 February 2018 at 01:04.

At the risk of getting this thread back on track.....a reminder about the reason why it's here. It all happens tomorrow evening!

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

I went to a couple fans forums a few years ago but there pointless as all the questions are already arranged pre arriving and cleverly picked so nobody has to deal with awkward questions.

Well chuffed so far with the start of the post Cheeseassic age

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    I went to a couple fans forums a few years ago but there pointless as all the questions are already arranged pre arriving and cleverly picked so nobody has to deal with awkward questions.
    Hopefully the event will not be stage managed in this way.

Not sure of your interpretation of "a few years ago", but that certainly hasn't been the case since I came back on the Trust Board (from October 2014). Questions have always been taken from the floor during my time, including a couple of forums that PT has attended. Some questions are sent in in advance by those unable to attend, but that isn't the same thing.

I am unable to go tonight, but the one's I have attended in the last few years have certainly taken questions from the floor. I have even asked a couple and the "panel" certainly had no advance warning of what was to asked.