Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

Re: Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Yet again you're mentioning positive discrimination, when nobody has mentioned it. except posters who are trying to deflect from the main discussion. As you agreed with my initial post which raised the issue we are now discussing I'm surprised you choose to do the same. Disappointing.
    People are reading what they want to read rather than what has written, they then find it easier to compartmentalise in to their beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    People are reading what they want to read rather than what has written, they then find it easier to compartmentalise in to their beliefs.
    Absolutely, Hants. People are distorting what was said in the first place by saying we are proposing positive discrimination and then using that to falsely state that we are prejudiced against white men. Absolutely shocking and worthy of Trump or even Machiavelli.

It was in your response to the assertion that white people can look after the interest of back people.

What I said earlier in the tread is I would lie the Club to contribute to Black History Month, as I think we have a few good stories to tell.
    Which no-one has yet managed to reply properly to yet: at our club why can’t a white man look after a non white man’s - or woman’s - interests, and specifically what would those interests be that would be different to a white man’s?

Haha, that’s so pots and kettles!

Absolutely, Hants. People are distorting what was said in the first place by saying we are proposing positive discrimination and then using that to falsely state that we are prejudiced against white men. Absolutely shocking and worthy of Trump or even Machiavelli.
    Your argument is like paper in the wind Mike...I for am not saying anything of the sort (compartmentalised or not). I already said, I don't give a **** what colour, gender, size, sexual preference they are. I just need them to do the job. If you believe otherwise, then, by definition, some positive discrimination must occur.........

Only on Exeweb could the simple display pf a poster advertising a Fans' Forum generate 115 posts in 5 days!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    Only on Exeweb could the simple display pf a poster advertising a Fans' Forum generate 115 posts in 5 days!
    Yes but good, healthy debate or what.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    When is it?

Yet again you're mentioning positive discrimination, when nobody has mentioned it. except posters who are trying to deflect from the main discussion. As you agreed with my initial post which raised the issue we are now discussing I'm surprised you choose to do the same. Disappointing.
    I’m trying to understand your disappointment. I replied to a specific comment.
    I don't personally care whether they are black, white, yellow, men women, neutral gender, gay, straight, short, tall, fat or thin, just that they can do the job, and any other suggestion is in my view, inverted prejudice.

With
    And with Positive Discrimination. How does someone work effectively when they will be wondering if their appointment was more to benefit politically correct 'box ticking' than it was to their skill set, achievements and potential.
    P.D was mentioned in post 25 (I think) and any 'agreement' was referring to age.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Last edited by Doug3101; 09 February 2018 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Yes but good, healthy debate or what.....
    ...........What?