Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

Re: Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

The issue surely is that the Trust members are largely those who are much older and that such a trend is not sustainable long term if you want to ensure Trust ownership? Now it might be that a Board full of old men are capable of engaging young people but if they aren't that would be a reason to seek a boarder make-up of the Trust Board.

Quote Originally Posted by Bittners a Legend View Post
    The issue surely is that the Trust members are largely those who are much older and that such a trend is not sustainable long term if you want to ensure Trust ownership? Now it might be that a Board full of old men are capable of engaging young people but if they aren't that would be a reason to seek a boarder make-up of the Trust Board.
    As the next batch of people get older some of them will probably serve as Trustees so I don't think it is fatal to Trust ownership if younger people do not engage. Furthermore people are living longer and functioning well for longer so "old men" needs to be set in context.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    But you aren't allowed not be "bothered".... The attitude you have is perfectly acceptable in every way, but positive discrimination is now the order of the day, discriminating in favour of a minority instead of a majority is still discrimination, but in our rush back to the age of Victoria, debate on such subjects are not tolerated...
    This is not about positive discrimination : how can positive discrimination be relevant when the board is elected and not selected? My point was that perhaps the club/ Trust could try to encourage a wider range from the City fanbase to participate. I know that's not easy to achieve. No offense toward any of the current board is intended : it was just a passing thought. Variety is the spice of life 'n all.

Quote Originally Posted by LDNGrecian View Post
    If you think racism has been removed from this country, football or even our own supporters, you are unfortunately mistaken.
    I didnít say racism has been removed,if you care to read my post properly it says we have come a long way,and as others have said you will never eradicate it completely,but it is better now than when cyril Regis and Brendon Bateson started out !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug3101 View Post
    I have some ideas on this but I have not presented anything to my colleagues yet so won't post them on here.
    Why not? The readers of Exeweb are your constituents. Why wouldn't you post some ideas on here first?

Even Government consult before conjuring up policy.

The Exeweb community is more inclusive which might actually help with the refinement of the idea. And asking younger readers what might engage them strikes me as being the best starting point. It certainly beats older TB members trying to figure it out in isolation.

As for a question for the forum:

'Why wouldn't the Trust require the club to repay the c£800,000 loan?'

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Why not? The readers of Exeweb are your constituents. Why wouldn't you post some ideas on here first?

Even Government consult before conjuring up policy.

The Exeweb community is more inclusive which might actually help with the refinement of the idea. And asking younger readers what might engage them strikes me as being the best starting point. It certainly beats older TB members trying to figure it out in isolation.

Or more factually, some of the readers of Exeweb are his constituents - equally, some are not.
    Hope you put that question at the Forum, but just out of interest, what would you have the Trust do with its c£800,000 should it be repaid?

That is a question I intend to ask, as part of a larger enquiry on the long term financial strategy for the Trust and it's assets.

The readers of Exeweb are your constituents.
    For once I disagree with Edward. The overlap of Exeweb readership and Trust membership is, I suspect, not that large and certainly not overwhelming.

This is an issue for the Trust Board to cast an eye over first, then if appropriate formally consult its c. 3,000 members, not Exeweb.

However the Forum is I see open to all fans not just Trust members, and perhaps it will be raised there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    As the next batch of people get older some of them will probably serve as Trustees so I don't think it is fatal to Trust ownership if younger people do not engage. Furthermore people are living longer and functioning well for longer so "old men" needs to be set in context.
    They can't serve as Trustees unless they are members though. If you don't engage young people in the idea of the Trust you are unlikely to persuade them to be members in the future I would have thought. I know a dozen or so City fans who are my age (late 20s) and not a single one is a Trust member despite most attending games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bittners a Legend View Post
    They can't serve as Trustees unless they are members though. If you don't engage young people in the idea of the Trust you are unlikely to persuade them to be members in the future I would have thought. I know a dozen or so City fans who are my age (late 20s) and not a single one is a Trust member despite most attending games.
    It would be interesting to see data on the ages of Trust members at the point of joining.