Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

Re: Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

Quote Originally Posted by dontpassback View Post
    All this diversity,pc driven agenda et etc,are we really any better off than before,there seems to be a plethora of people who are easily offended these days and whilst we have come a long way with kick out racism etc,I am not really bothered wether the person stood next to me is gay,transgender,or comes from planet zogg!
    If you think racism has been removed from this country, football or even our own supporters, you are unfortunately mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by LDNGrecian View Post
    If you think racism has been removed from this country, football or even our own supporters, you are unfortunately mistaken.
    It never will be. It’s been reduced hugely, it might not be enough but it will never be eradicated.

Some of you are really jumping onto this like hounds to a hare. Nobody is saying there must be places on the Board reserved for young people, women, disabled people, people from a different ethnicity etc. When I looked at the photo of the Board I just thought "Crikey, is the world just made up of elderly guys? Is Exeter City just an old guy's club? I'm an old guy and stick up for old guys generally - we too often get dismissed as old fogeys who are to be ignored. But when you go to SJP do you see only 4000 old guys? Some younger faces, female faces, ethnic faces etc would certainly add to the mix and appeal to a wider audience who in turn might choose to join the Trust. The two Board members seem to agree and explained the difficulties in attracting candidates. But some of you have taken the argument to the extreme as if I/we are suggesting that there MUST be diversity, whereas I am saying I'm surprised there isn't. You'd never think this is 2018 : and it's me who is supposed to be the colonial?!
    Last edited by IndoMike; 05 February 2018 at 23:16.

Astonishing isn’t it that professional men’s sport is largely followed and run by men.

Even more astonishing that in a country with 92% of inhabitants being white British that the board is... white British.
    Last edited by Snakebite; 06 February 2018 at 05:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Astonishing isnít it that professional menís sport is largely followed and run by men.

Even more astonishing that in a country with 92% of inhabitants being white British that the board is... white British.
    Yes, you're right. Most fans are elderly and white and male and that's the way we wanna keep it! Which airport do you live at?
    Last edited by IndoMike; 06 February 2018 at 07:04.

Again, what difference does than make? The Trust board might be a few years older than me but it matters not a jot that there might not be anyone my age there. Why should it?

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Again, what difference does than make? The Trust board might be a few years older than me but it matters not a jot that there might not be anyone my age there. Why should it?
    It seems your 40th birthday was a long time ago Ant. You must be about 52-54 now?

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Moxey View Post
    Don't you always criticise the Trust and compare it to a kind of Women's Institute or church committee meeting where the main topic is which biscuits to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Don't you always criticise the Trust and compare it to a kind of Women's Institute or church committee meeting where the main topic is which biscuits to buy?
    It’s been like that since it was formed and in that time there’s been male and female and young and old Trustees. You don’t think the same way because of your age or sex.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    It seems your 40th birthday was a long time ago Ant. You must be about 52-54 now?
    52 this weekend as it happens - good sleuthing!

The point I’m trying to make is that we are just a small provincial football club. Were the Trust board comprised entirely of women, or entirely of under 30s, or entirely ethnic minorities then so what, what would it be doing differently to what the current board does? We’ll still come to games, still have a cup of tea and a Mars bar, still by a programme and still go home wondering what on earth Jordan Tillson brings to the side.

It’s looking for solutions to problems that don’t exist.