• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luton Town vs Exeter City match day thread

ExeterCityLad

Massive game. Come on City!

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wish i was going, really miss games such as this, and personally have always liked Luton away, I like the old ground and the atmosphere. Will be on cloud nine if we win this one UTC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
On my way. A result here would be huge.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
A result here and we're going up as Champions.

Rog H K

A result here and we're going up as Champions.
I wouldn't disbelieve that.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's no great pressure on us today, if we win it will make things interesting in terms of the race for the top but if we lose we are still right in the mix for promotion. I feel we'll get something out of it today though.
COYR

Bongo1959

Looking forward to our team selection today , could prove crucial

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unless there are injuries, I can't see him changing from Wednesday

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harley will start, if like Tis says he was withdrawn on Wednesday to avoid injury, and then you would imagine it would be the same as Wednesday night (unless JMT is fit) as well otherwise. I know most people on here thought we were terrible first half against FGR but every player contributed defensively including Harley and Taylor and we were solid defending inside the penalty area, if clueless with the ball until the second half.

It could be that he offers Boateng a start because he will be fresh but we have actually been doing very well with him on the bench, he hasn't started the last three wins and his performance against West Brom was bewilderingly vague, although he of course wasn't alone in turning in a shocker that day. Edwards is a fantastic option to have off the bench, and I'm sure it won't have escaped Luton's attention the damage he did on Wednesday, and a lesser player than Lee Holmes would have lost his place to him today but I think Tis will stick with Holmes. We'll see.

Personally I'd like to see Kane Wilson get a start, I love it when we have some pace up that flank. Tis may have a particular tactical plan to combat Luton that involves him, who knows.

Luton's performance at SJP was breathtakingly clinical going forward, their form is still pretty good and we will need to put up a very strong fight today, but that is our game at the moment.