Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Luton Town vs Exeter City match day thread

Re: Luton Town vs Exeter City match day thread

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    We mainly only get to see other sides when they play against us. Wycombe have a reputation, but the way I look at it they kept going at 2-3 down with ten men and didn't settle for a point after the first goal. If we had come back like that we would be rightly celebrating it. No reason we can't win next week but we will have to be at our best as Wycombe seem in good form.

If we don't go behind then no opposition is going to have a chance to waste time, can't believe they will come for a nil nil draw. If they do anything considered cheating or bending the rules then if the officials are good it shouldn't be a problem imo.
    Luton fan at the station said he appreciated it was a good game of football today unlike Wycombe on Tuesday. He said they were time wasting from the 3rd minute. I replied that it was surprising it took them that long.

Disappointed with our showing today Luton were a lot more dominant than the score line suggests...we struggled to create anything of note all afternoon, that said it wasn’t for a lack of trying Luton were just much stronger than us.

As long as we don't have our first team centre back pairing we are vulnerable and our midfield have to sit deep to protect that back line resulting in Stockley being isolated up front. We can't break quickly enough.

Getting JMT and Brown back is vital for our promotion hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    As long as we don't have our first team centre back pairing we are vulnerable and our midfield have to sit deep to protect that back line resulting in Stockley being isolated up front. We can't break quickly enough.

Spot on....

Took Tisdale a while to understand that Cornick had the beating of Lee Holmes and then swapped wings for Edwards and Holmes.

I cant believe that anyone can suggest that we were denied a goal when the keeper "spilled the ball"! That was a diabolical foul on him that caused him to drop the ball that he safely held with two hands. exeweb would have gone into melt-down if that had happened to our keeper FFS!

At the time i thought it was 50/50 and the keeper spilled it tbh.

Poor game, Luton completely over ran us in midfield, we had no possession and no creativity through the middle. Very one sided in terms of possession. Having said that Luton were lucky to score, of it hadn't had the biggest deflection it would have been comfortably saved by pym and everything else we dealt with well.

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post

I disagree Sturtz. The entire 10 outfield players sit deep. It's unnecessary and we should always keep at least one player up. We are slow on the break as a result of the tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    I cant believe that anyone can suggest that we were denied a goal when the keeper "spilled the ball"! That was a diabolical foul on him that caused him to drop the ball that he safely held with two hands. exeweb would have gone into melt-down if that had happened to our keeper FFS!
    Nowt like overreacting Pete. It was a foul but diabolical???????? Behave yourself man.

Enjoy the good times, they don't last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by LDNGrecian View Post
    Luton fan at the station said he appreciated it was a good game of football today unlike Wycombe on Tuesday. He said they were time wasting from the 3rd minute. I replied that it was surprising it took them that long.
    I'm sure the Luton fan went into the game with an open mind to fairly judge Wycombe..... and of course Wycombe won. Will be interesting to see how things pan out on Saturday. The four two last year was an excellent game of football.