Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Luton Town vs Exeter City match day thread

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Re: Luton Town vs Exeter City match day thread

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    The table is so close in terms of points - we lost 17 games last season and finished 5th and are on course to lose more or similar this season....so as long as we don't start drawing too many we're in with a fair chance....

We lost the most in the top 9 last season and have lost the 2nd most in the top 13 this season (Coventry) apart hence why I'm not convinced we can be successful in the playoffs because we're always likely to blow up at any moment -
    WOW you really are the life and soul of the ECFC party ..... Did your real 1st team lose today ?

and how did Jordan Storey do? Sounds good - making his full debut in a makeshift defence away to the League leaders who have put 6,7,8 past other teams...and just concedes one deflected goal.

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Classic have a pop at Wycombe before they arrive.....
    Well it'll be interesting to see how they approach the game next week. But they do seem to have more added time than other teams, for whatever reason...

They scored twice in the 7 minutes of "Ainsworth time" to win today, after also playing 10 minutes aded time in the second half and 5 in the first on Tuesday. The previous league game v. Crewe they again had 6 minutes added time and scored the winner during this. 7 minutes the game before that, though on that occasion they didnt need it.

Quote Originally Posted by eurogrecian View Post
    Personally I thought our ´goal’ could have stood - Simmo went in for a 50/50 and the keeper spilt it.
    Pretty sure the ref pointed to the centre after the ball hit the net to signal a goal, but then looked over to the linno who had his flag up sadly... Looked OK to me not sure if they will show this on goal rush later...

Embarrassed by the typical yobs who come in just before kickoff, drunk from the pubs, shafting people from their seats who have got there in good time, shouting embarrassing and occasional racist chants.

I know none of them will be on here but seriously it ruins the occasion for so many.

Quote Originally Posted by LDNGrecian View Post
    Embarrassed by the typical yobs who come in just before kickoff, drunk from the pubs, shafting people from their seats who have got there in good time, shouting embarrassing and occasional racist chants.

I know none of them will be on here but seriously it ruins the occasion for so many.
    It’s embarrassing and it’s the reason I didn’t bother going today. On the whole Exeter fans I would say are a decent bunch but there is certainly an element that are Islamophobic. I hope these “yobs” were a very small minority and they were challenged.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    WOW you really are the life and soul of the ECFC party ..... Did your real 1st team lose today ?
    Wow.

Good post

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Quote Originally Posted by Leads View Post
    there is certainly an element that are Islamophobic.
    That cuts both ways like when we went to Wimbledon and as we walked down the road minding our own business being called EDL and Nazis from the local community.

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    That cuts both ways like when we went to Wimbledon and as we walked down the road minding our own business being called EDL and Nazis from the local community.
    So is this when you went to the tennis, cos AFC have never been in Wimbledon...Always assuming, you don't go back to the Crazy Gang years..
    Last edited by malcolms; 03 February 2018 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    If you're not aware of their track record under Ainsworth (including today's game against Carlisle) then you've been in hibernation for a number of years.
    We mainly only get to see other sides when they play against us. Wycombe have a reputation, but the way I look at it they kept going at 2-3 down with ten men and didn't settle for a point after the first goal. If we had come back like that we would be rightly celebrating it. No reason we can't win next week but we will have to be at our best as Wycombe seem in good form.

If we don't go behind then no opposition is going to have a chance to waste time, can't believe they will come for a nil nil draw. If they do anything considered cheating or bending the rules then if the officials are good it shouldn't be a problem imo.