• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Old Shirts

ianaplincorners

Couple of old 'adidas' City shirts on ebay if anyone is interested, not me that's selling btw, just saw them earlier, I did put in a couple of bids but I think they may go for silly money! One is green, apparently worn against Liverpool in 1979, I went to the game but am trying to remember if we wore green that night or not! It was a long time ago, other is the red/white 'adidas' from early 80's. If you search Exeter City you'll find them easy enough

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
We wore green at anfield. The history group has a couple of green shirts in their collection IIRC.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
£324. Quids in!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
green one went for £324

red one went for £ 517

That's very good money for those 2 shirts

green one went for £324

red one went for £ 517

That's very good money for those 2 shirts

They might have been "sold" but it remains to be seen whether they will be paid for.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
They might have been "sold" but it remains to be seen whether they will be paid for.
Indeed..They ‘sold’ for £800 recently & the buyer did not cough up..Someone offered £500 for the pair of them,but that was turned down by the seller.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Maybe i'll put a couple of mine up for sale and see what possible money they could fetch.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
why do people suddenly care about vintage shirts? silly money...

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
why do people suddenly care about vintage shirts? silly money...
If anyone knew the answer to this they would be the richest person on earth.

Why would anyone pay £500 for an old football shirt?

Why would anyone pay $100M for some paint smeared over a piece of canvas just because it had been done by someone famous? (they do)

Why would someone pay £25,000 for a first edition of a Harry Potter book (they do)

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
If anyone knew the answer to this they would be the richest person on earth.

Why would anyone pay £500 for an old football shirt?

Why would anyone pay $100M for some paint smeared over a piece of canvas just because it had been done by someone famous? (they do)

Why would someone pay £25,000 for a first edition of a Harry Potter book (they do)
For the same reason footballers get paid millions of pounds I would imagine. Supply and demand. :)

Last edited: