Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Big Bank and the Cowshed

The Big Bank and the Cowshed

Good evening all,

I can't recall now which thread it was on, so I'm starting a new one, but I think someone was asking about historic photos of the big bank and the old cowshed. Here are some old photos for anyone interested to plough through and satisfy their interest and curiosity. Most it the photos were done by the late John Fox at the time;

THE BIG BANK

THE COWSHED
    Last edited by Pete Martin (CTID); 02 February 2018 at 18:26.

Re: The Big Bank and the Cowshed

Yes Pete, that was me. My word though, what an utterly fascinating collection.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

Some brilliant pictures there Thanks for posting the link Pete.

My ever lasting memory of the Big Bank would be standing there in the pouring rain for the cup replay against Orient which went to penalties. I'd made a very poor coat choice that night.

Great photos, loved the pictures of Kellow and Beer and the one featuring Binney with Banks.

Lovely picture of Fred Binney's Head's dad as well!
    Last edited by STURTZ; 02 February 2018 at 21:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    Good evening all,

I can't recall now which thread it was on, so I'm starting a new one, but I think someone was asking about historic photos of the big bank and the old cowshed. Here are some old photos for anyone interested to plough through and satisfy their interest and curiosity. Most it the photos were done by the late John Fox at the time;

THE BIG BANK

THE COWSHED
    Excellent entertainment Pete.

I do think of one picture that is in need of inclusion though ....The Red Legion display for the Liverpool FA Cup match, what a sight ! Even better if there was a video clip, to get the full effect of the red glitter cascading down the banner !

I'm sorry to hear that John Fox is no longer with us, Pete. A fellow referee, and all round nice guy. rip.

Quality pics. It makes me realise how much better the bank is today. When it gets going the BB is something to really be proud of.

It also makes me realise how much I loved the Cow shed Stood there as a kid in the same spot every week, always aware of the slightly 'deranged' element stood behind me, and despite the restricted view with pillars blocking the goal wherever you stood as a kid I bloody loved it.

Sadly no pictures of the 'state of the art' gents toilets at the back of The Cowshed, flushed and cleaned only when it rained!!!

Great pics. I had forgotten how small the 'Big' Bank actually was, though it looked perfectly adequate for some of our sparse crowds in the latter years, presumably some of those were taken either in the mid 80s or 90s! I don't remember the clock either!