• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fair play table

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/fairplay

As per usual we fair relatively well with this. Interesting to see Wycombe have not had a red card this season despite being regarded as a rough, win at all costs side.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Even better when only counting league matches - we go from 17th to 23rd.

Wycombe have generally in past years tended to be experts in other teams receiving red cards rather than picking them up themselves. I'm not sure how bad their antics are this season, although note there were 9 minutes of injury time at Luton last night (I'm not sure why - may have been a genuine reason).

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/fairplay

As per usual we fair relatively well with this. Interesting to see Wycombe have not had a red card this season despite being regarded as a rough, win at all costs side.
The trouble with the headline table is that the more success in Cups you have the worse you generally are in the table. Two or three years ago we were pipped by Bristol Rovers to the L2 title, despite having fewer points per game, as we had got a few yellows in Cup games.

Interestingly, they now do have a "League games only" table, which they didn't before, perhaps as a result of the complaints we (Julian Tagg, Some Sunny Day fanzine and myself) made over the unfairness of this.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Holmes yellow card was an absolute travesty against FGR earlier. He had beaten the defender, who just grabbed his shirt with a grip any rotweiller would have been proud of. Now I accept that the referee was unsighted as Holmes was between the referee and the defender, but the lino had a perfect view of Holmes' shirt being stretched sideways three feet or so. So why didn't he tell the ref that he had made a howler by giving the free kick AGAINST Holmes ? I would suggest simply to avoid contradicting and showing up his "mate" in the middle ! Result Holmes gets a card for protesting and the cheating defender gets away with what should have been an automatic yellow for him ! Grrrr ! :mad:

tonykellowfan

At the Wycombe v Exeter game earlier this season there was nothing to complain about.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
At the Wycombe v Exeter game earlier this season there was nothing to complain about.
Mainly 'cos it was 0-0, I suspect, so Wycombe will have been trying to score a goal.