Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The next five games

We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels

Re: The next five games

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    A time to enjoy, looking forward to the Mansfield game especially, the chance to really upset that prat Evans again, such a ****.
    More importantly, are there arrangements in place to extend and reinforce the concrete piling of our brand new dug outs to accommodate the capacious rump of Mr E?

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    Andrew let me put it this way ... If a player isn't getting game time and has possibly had the nod he isn't going to be getting a few games and or probably not going to get signed for a longer term wouldn't you think the player would be "relieved" to be picked up by another club quickly so as to not miss out wages and let his fitness levels drop ?

As for the Herald they just love spinning anything bad towards Exeter City ! That's not just sport related , read some of their spin on the bus depot being rebuilt , the swimming pool still no further to being sorted etc etc.

And we may have gotten some money for him remember !
    I agree with you that there was misquoting going on;the thrust of what I was trying to say was that Pete probably hadn't started it; he was quoting an existing misquote.

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

The Wycombe and Mansfield games are the biggest games In terms of sides we may rival for a playoff spot....

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    The Wycombe and Mansfield games are the biggest games In terms of sides we may rival for a playoff spot....
    Huuuuuge games. And two managers who will referee the game from the sidelines. Hopefully the refs will be good enough.

looking forward to following the scores of the competition tonight, things change quickly in League 2, especially this season

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    You're worrying about play-off rivals?? Win the two games in hand (FGR and Yeovil at home) and I'm more concerned about who's doing what in the automatic slots. Ballaches to also rans like Wycombe and Mansfield with their obnoxious managers.

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

I think I would stop going if we had either Ainsworth or Evans at the club.

Tonights matches are and my hopes but not expectatons :-
    Lincoln V Newport - Draw
    Coventry v Cambridge - Away win (unlikely but - Notts County!)
    Luton v Wycombe - Ill tempered draw with several sending offs for both sides
    Stevenage v Swindon- Home win
    Yeovil v Grimsby - Away win for Les

Coventry are without Jones and Nazon and as such do not have the forward power of earlier in the season. Your away win prediction could be a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    Coventry are without Jones and Nazon and as such do not have the forward power of earlier in the season. Your away win prediction could be a good shout.
    Seems unlikely to me - Cambridge were widely tipped for promotion before the beginning of the season but they really have disappointed - most recently a 5-2 defeat at FGR.