Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The next five games

Re: The next five games

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Isn't Ruebin Reid with Forest Green now? and if so, wont he be coming into the game with a point to prove? It'll be a tough game, since you can bet your life he'll try much harder. He couldnt have left on the best of terms, given hes quoted in the press as saying he was "relieved to get away from Exeter".
    yep, we will have to watch him carefully, he knows our tactics and the strengths and weaknesses, they have brought in a lot of new players in Jan so hopefully they have not got used to each other yet, although they put 5 past somebody recently. We certainly know all about him though......

If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong !

See here we go again with people mis-quoting to their own ends !

What Reuben actually said was " he is relieved to join Forest Green Rovers " Nothing like "he was relieved to get away from Exeter"

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/footb...reuben-1018558

Quote Originally Posted by ramone View Post
    See here we go again with people mis-quoting to their own ends !

What Reuben actually said was " he is relieved to join Forest Green Rovers " Nothing like "he was relieved to get away from Exeter"

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/footb...reuben-1018558
    thought Plymouth Herald spun it as something like 'why Reuben Reid was relieved to leave Exeter City'

Having said that, Pete USA is right. FGR will be scrapping for their lives and Reuben will have a point to prove..
    Last edited by andrew p long; 28 January 2018 at 11:49.

Andrew let me put it this way ... If a player isn't getting game time and has possibly had the nod he isn't going to be getting a few games and or probably not going to get signed for a longer term wouldn't you think the player would be "relieved" to be picked up by another club quickly so as to not miss out wages and let his fitness levels drop ?

As for the Herald they just love spinning anything bad towards Exeter City ! That's not just sport related , read some of their spin on the bus depot being rebuilt , the swimming pool still no further to being sorted etc etc.

And we may have gotten some money for him remember !
    Last edited by ramone; 28 January 2018 at 13:11.

There's no such ******* word as 'gotten'! We may have HAD or RECEIVED some money for him..................Sorry i hate all the Americanisms that are creeping into our language, but this one really winds me up😠
    Last edited by Red Bill; 28 January 2018 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bill View Post
    There's no such ******* word as 'gotten'! We may have HAD or RECEIVED some money for him..................Sorry i hate all the Americanisms that are creeping into our language, but this one really winds me up��
    May have to get the person who wrote the King James Bible to do a bit of editing then ! Seems it is well used in that version.

Yes I realise the Yanks carried on using it , but that's Yanks for you as they haven't got any history as such of their own they take over the bits they want and leave the stuff they don't want in their history ........... Bit like Vietnam lol
    Last edited by ramone; 28 January 2018 at 18:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Sexton Blake View Post
    Lose and we will remain where we are in sixth place amongst the other playoff hopefuls.
    Coventry, Lincoln and Swindon all have winnable games on Tuesday evening - I doubt very much that we will still be in the play-off places come kick-off on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteUSA View Post
    Isn't Ruebin Reid with Forest Green now? and if so, wont he be coming into the game with a point to prove? It'll be a tough game, since you can bet your life he'll try much harder. He couldnt have left on the best of terms, given hes quoted in the press as saying he was "relieved to get away from Exeter".
    Ruben asked to leave because he wanted to play games not because of a fall out with anyone at the club, and at this stage in his career with his ability, who can blame him.
    Tisdale couldn't guarantee him games whilst the main man Stockley is around, and rightly so, I liked Ruben but Stockley is serious quality for league 2 level.

Quote Originally Posted by StroudGrecian View Post
    Coventry, Lincoln and Swindon all have winnable games on Tuesday evening - I doubt very much that we will still be in the play-off places come kick-off on Wednesday.
    SG you could well be correct if all those results go against us we could be down to 11th. Not forgetting of course that we would then have two games in hand on all of them. A win against FGR then regardless how the Tuesday games work out we would shoot up at least 8 places which is why I believe that win is vital as it will give us a credible spring board to push on to the autos.

Plenty of time and matches to end up wherever we deserve this season, the trick will be in holding our nerve especially when we have accrued a couple of games in hand. Those extra matches all look winnable starting next week v FGR, looking forward, hope we play Holmes and Edwards at some point in the game I think they're vulnerable to speed down the flanks.

A time to enjoy, looking forward to the Mansfield game especially, the chance to really upset that prat Evans again, such a ****.