• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The next five games

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
No exaggeration to say these are going to be crucial. FGR home, Luton away, Wycombe home, Port Vale away and Mansfield home. Wins against FGR, Wycombe and Mansfield and given we have two games in hand over current second place Notts County and only three points behind them and two games in hand over third place Mansfield and only two points behind would put us in either second or third place by mid February and in a position to really make a strong bid for the autos.

We have not suffered too many doubles against us recently so draws against Luton and Port Vale are by no means out the question. The game against FGR is going to have a huge impact on our season. A win and we will be equal second with Notts County with our confidence boosted ahead of our trip to Luton. Lose and we will remain where we are in sixth place amongst the other playoff hopefuls.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we're in a good position, squad with cover in all positions and when JMT and Brown are back in the equation I think we will have a team that can compete with anyone in league 2, even Luton!

Games in hand look winnable and I don't think that the team will let us down, auto could be ours!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We used to be good in February in the early Tisdale years. We could do with that kind of performance now. I would hope that with players coming back from injury and potential new signings in the next few days that we will be aiming for a top 3 finish. I think the top spot is out of reach but we could inflict some damage next Saturday.

Red Devon

Reckon if we win 11 of our remaining 19 matches we will be promoted providing we pick up two or three draws along the way.

denzel

We will probably lose to Forest Green then beat Luton!
I have given up predicting with us.
It's all about getting the best players back

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
The next 5 games will define our season, depending on what happens after them and based on what's gone before.

Jazzi

The next 5 games will define our season, depending on what happens after them and based on what's gone before.
Or to put it another way..................every single one of our 46 games per season gives the same potential , that of 3, 1 or 0 points.

Avening Posse

Yep interesting month coming up, I note Luton play Wycombe on Tuesday and also Lincoln play Newport, everybody at the top will be playing each other and lots of points to be gained and dropped by everybody. Beating FGR should put a bit of pressure on the others. 5 games does not make a season, but confidence and belief at crucial points of the season are massive, and doing well in these games will undoubtably put us in the right frame of mind for the run in....reverse in form would not be a total disaster, but give us a mountain to climb for top 3, so yes, a very important period coming up !....Exciting isn't it !!

IndoMike

I think we're still very much in the chasing pack. Notts County are starting to slip, but Wycombe and Mansfied are coming on strong. Accrington have wobbled slightly but are still in the mix. Can't dismiss Coventry or Swindon yet, and Crawley are making good progress and can't be discounted. Newport and Lincoln also hanging around. We could end up 2nd or 9th, it's so open. I don't think we'll be in the autos but we should reach the playoffs. Think we're still a bit inconsistent and the chopping and changing can work for us and against us.

PeteUSA

Beating FGR should put a bit of pressure on the others. 5 games does not make a season, but confidence and belief at crucial points of the season is massive.
Isn't Ruebin Reid with Forest Green now? and if so, wont he be coming into the game with a point to prove? It'll be a tough game, since you can bet your life he'll try much harder. He couldnt have left on the best of terms, given hes quoted in the press as saying he was "relieved to get away from Exeter".