Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Jay

Re: Matt Jay

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Oh come on, Shakespeare wasn't all that good at spelling when he started out but now 007's got one word right I think he could go on to become a truly brilliant novelist.
    Yeah. That bit about "A whore, a whore, my Kingdom for a whore" was awful spelling.

Found the original thread.

Two fine goals in the last two games. A bundle of energy and skill. He's done enough to retain the shirt and keep Law, Martin and Boateng out until they are all fully fit. Well done MJ.
    Last edited by Billy The Fish; 27 February 2019 at 10:27.

Happy 23rd birthday to Matt. He's having a good week!

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next season!

I think this season is his final chance to come good for us. Always highly rated but never quite managed to turn that into on field performances. A decent run in the side will help to find out if he can make it.

When Law comes back who are people leaving out ?

It's a quality problem for Taylor to wrestle with if they get fit and stay fit.

For me Collins, Law and Taylor have to play when fit.

If we go with the wing back system again we could have two holding midfielders in Taylor and Collins and two attacking midfielders in Law and one other from Jay, Boateng, Lee Martin, Williams or Holmes. That would leave us with one striker but the width has to come from the wing backs, we all know Wilson can offer this but Woodman isn't dynamic enough.

If we go back to 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 and all of the above options are fit I'm not sure where Jay plays.

Lots of competition which is great (as you say Billy).
    Last edited by The Proper Chap; 27 February 2019 at 10:50.

Can someone revive the matchday thread where about ten people were saying he is absolute rubbish, not good enough etc? It wasn't just that they expressed their opinion, which was fair enough, it was the arrogant way they did it that got on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    Can someone revive the matchday thread where about ten people were saying he is absolute rubbish, not good enough etc? It wasn't just that they expressed their opinion, which was fair enough, it was the arrogant way they did it that got on my nerves.
    Exeweb for you isn't it! Remember the southern oil tanker? That said, I think it's great when any player comes good after a lot of criticism. Shows enormous self belief and character.

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    I'm still of the opinion he's been nowhere near good enough each time I've seen him play. Look forward to seeing him in his new role, and hope to be proven wrong.