Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 99

Thread: Ryan Loft in on loan

  1. #21
    Pete Martin (CTID)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    9,996

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Grecian In Bath View Post
    I thought Stockley and Jay looked good together against Barnet, and certainly worth another look as a partnership. I think the major hang-up with Jay is that he's quite short, but as a Tom Nichols-style poacher, he's got to worth a run in the side. He had a few chances against Barnet, hit the target with most (if not all) of them, he just needs that first goal.
    Just for the record, Jay is 5'8". Paul Scholes (as an example) was/is 5'6".

  2. #22
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    32,028

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin (CTID) View Post
    Just for the record, Jay is 5'8". Paul Scholes (as an example) was/is 5'6".
    I'm 5'8". If he's the same height as me I'd be very surprised.

  3. #23
    Banksy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Mersham Kent
    Posts
    4,080

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    On that reckoning then Jamie Cureton was short.It didn't handicap him though.
    Last edited by Banksy; 23 January 2018 at 09:54.

  4. #24
    exeweb.com mod Jason H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hounslow, Middlesex
    Posts
    32,028

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    Incidentally I agree with Grecian in Bath re: Barnet, where I thought he was excellent and if only one of his chances went in it might have made a huge difference to his confidence going forward.

  5. #25
    Moomin Grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chilling with my mother jives
    Posts
    4,557

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Avening Posse View Post
    In your view maybe, but they would have monitored him thoroughly before offering him a contract, and Spurs is better than Hartlepool
    I get what TPC is saying. There’s been loads of players who’ve come through the academy of big clubs and have then turned out to be utter plop but I also see what you’re saying in that Spurs must see something in him to give him a contract in the first place.

    A lot will come down to his attitude and how much he copes with the physicality of L2. If he manages to tick both those boxes he could well be a very good signing. Hopefully he will get some chances and stick one away early on in his career with us.

  6. #26

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    Having watched Matt Jay a few times this season, mainly U23 i admit, but my opinion is that he must be a 'bl**dy nuisance' to play against. Last night he was everywhere at the right time, backing up and running hard at the Hull defence. He certainly had the better of their big left back.
    Although it's handy to have size on your side, being shorter than your average forward these days could be a distinct advantage, he's so nippy and can turn on the proverbial 6d.

    Mind you, when he leads the team out i always mistake him for one of the mascots!!
    Last edited by Andy Holloway; 23 January 2018 at 10:08.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Limbo
    Posts
    12,480

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Banksy View Post
    On that reckoning then Jamie Cureton was short.It didn't handicap him though.
    Messi did Ok. Maradonna, too. Pele wasn't very tall. Banksy wasn't tall...Just saying..

  8. #28

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Limbo
    Posts
    12,480

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Holloway View Post
    Having watched Matt Jay a few times this season, mainly U23 i admit, but my opinion is that he must be a 'bl**dy nuisance' to play against. Last night he was everywhere at the right time, backing up and running hard at the Hull defence. He certainly had the better of their big left back.
    Although it's handy to have size on your side, being shorter than your average forward these days could be a distinct advantage, he's so nippy and can turn on the proverbial 6d.

    Mind you, when he leads the team out i always mistake him for one of the mascots!!
    Well, there you are. Will you start a "Matt Jay In" Andy?

  9. #29

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In Limbo
    Posts
    12,480

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    No need to guess what Loft's nickname is.

  10. #30
    Early Bath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Cheriton Bishop
    Posts
    917

    Re: Ryan Loft in on loan

    Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    No need to guess what Loft's nickname is.
    "shortarse" ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •