• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Health

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Since it is said that health always comes first, I though I'd create a space for Exewebbers to share their health -related experiences, advice, concerns, and even humourous anecdotes.
What triggered this was the article I just read headed "Cancer blood test ‘enormously exciting’ " to be found on the BBC website. Sounds extremely promising and not the usual.
Stay healthy!

Oldsmobile-88

Health is your wealth,someone told me years ago.

As one gets older,some of the material bull5hite we sometimes aspire to seem less relevant when your health takes a knock(as happened to me recently)
Life & health then get put into perspective.

Banksy

Agree with Old's post above.The older you get the more you realise it.
Half way through the radiotherapy part of my cancer treatment now.My throat feels like it's been rubbed with wire wool and losing my voice which is fortunate for the family! Won't miss the fifty odd mile a day drive either!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Health is your wealth,someone told me years ago.

As one gets older,some of the material bull5hite we sometimes aspire to seem less relevant when your health takes a knock(as happened to me recently)
Life & health then get put into perspective.
The temptation to pack in work and backpack around the world while I can is huge!

Oldsmobile-88

The temptation to pack in work and backpack around the world while I can is huge!
The ideal,work life balance. !

iscalad

When you are old, you need your hair, teeth and good health. Sadly I have little of these.

IndoMike

Agree with Old's post above.The older you get the more you realise it.
Half way through the radiotherapy part of my cancer treatment now.My throat feels like it's been rubbed with wire wool and losing my voice which is fortunate for the family! Won't miss the fifty odd mile a day drive either!
My wife had 24 x radiation therapy & 6 x chemotherapy. Did you have chemo mate. Very tough.

IndoMike

Me too, Hants. Think I've still got one adventure in front of me. I bloody hope so.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm on day 9 of my backpack tour to and around Switzerland. All by train so far though now off to Geneva airport to fly home. It's such great fun.

IndoMike

I'm on day 9 of my backpack tour to and around Switzerland. All by train so far though now off to Geneva airport to fly home. It's such great fun.
Is it a solo run, Hants, or with your partner?