Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Health

Re: Health

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    Is it a solo run, Hants, or with your partner?
    Solo. The wife wouldn't be too keen on doing train trips just for the sake of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Solo. The wife wouldn't be too keen on doing train trips just for the sake of them!
    Freedom!!. That's what I want to do Portugal, N. Spain, up to Paris, then to Germany, Austria ++. Visit some old haunts, too.

Pleased so far with the start of the post Cheeseassic age

Are you partaking of the ski Hants ?

Was up the A&E at Wonford last night with my 15 yo son who had a fortunately non serious issue. Sat in the waiting room with parents trying to console suffering infants took my back to when my two were little and I certainly don't miss those days.
    Also spent many days up at the hospital after my Dad had a stroke in September. It's a depressing place and it certainly makes you appreciate your health when you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Are you partaking of the ski Hants ?
    Sightseeing.

If I was fitter then I'd love to come in summer with a mountain bike. Would be a lot of fun. Do it with possibly a camper van if on my own or a motor home if the wife came with me.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Was up the A&E at Wonford last night with my 15 yo son who had a fortunately non serious issue. Sat in the waiting room with parents trying to console suffering infants took my back to when my two were little and I certainly don't miss those days.
    Also spent many days up at the hospital after my Dad had a stroke in September. It's a depressing place and it certainly makes you appreciate your health when you have it.
    Hope your son is OK. In Indonesia you can actually stay the night bedside. They bring mattresses for you to doss on. Three nights I actially shared the hospital bed with my lady : she insisted - said she was cold- and the nurses said no problem. Soynds strange, I know. Seen some moving and heartwarming scenes. Don't mean to be gloomy, but somehow it seems to be a topic we avoid a bit.

Sightseeing.

If I was fitter then I'd love to come in summer with a mountain bike. Would be a lot of fun. Do it with possibly a camper van if on my own or a motor home if the wife came with me.
    You need a sabbatical Hants to do a right proper trip

Pleased so far with the start of the post Cheeseassic age

Interesting that the camper van/mobile home conundrum has spread to this thread.

Hants' penchant for the camper van indicates that he is unlikely to share a touring holiday in the company of Comrade Anton Moxey.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair20000 View Post
    Interesting that the camper van/mobile home conundrum has spread to this thread.

Hants' penchant for the camper van indicates that he is unlikely to share a touring holiday in the company of Comrade Anton Moxey.
    Yep. Bit off thread but backpacking and travel is good for the health so there's a link ��. I'm sure Moxers would be an ideal travel companion.��

Sightseeing.

If you're not done and gone already, Oeschinensee and Creux de Van are two that are on my list of places that are meant to be incredible to see. Not managed to get to either yet.