Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Health

Re: Health

I cut fried breakfasts from my diet. Now I have a healthy body and a screwed up mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hants_red View Post
    Nope, I don't have any coconut oil to fry it in. Should I?
    Any oil will do the job but go all the way with some beef dripping.

Always fry the bread separately from the other items such as the sausages and rashers and ensure some black pudding makes the scene.

I used to love my late mother's Sunday morning fry-ups. Yes all the usual bacon, eggs, etc, good old fried bread, and the piece de resistance, and last into the frying pan, fried potato. She boiled extra potatoes on the Saturday, and simply mashed them up with a fork. They tended to stick to the frying pan, giving a delicious thin browned crispy skin. Nowadays, all too often our English Breakfast is served in a bastardised American form, with bleddy "hash browns". Industrially produced with an artificial onion flavour I bet ! Grrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Colesman Ballz View Post
    I used to love my late mother's Sunday morning fry-ups. Yes all the usual bacon, eggs, etc, good old fried bread, and the piece de resistance, and last into the frying pan, fried potato. She boiled extra potatoes on the Saturday, and simply mashed them up with a fork. They tended to stick to the frying pan, giving a delicious thin browned crispy skin. Nowadays, all too often our English Breakfast is served in a bastardised American form, with bleddy "hash browns". Industrially produced with an artificial onion flavour I bet ! Grrrrr
    I agree : I hate hate hate hash browns.