• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'm back...

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Charlton hot on their heels with two games in hand , but points mean prizes.

Avening Posse

Wish you boys would make your minds up, you normally have a pop if we turn up here when we’re winning, so we’re just being gracious.
Enjoying the ride for the moment and no I don’t think we’ve had a run like this at all.
Nothing short of phenomenal Graiser, have you been all the games ?, in your honest opinion do you think you will retain a play off spot ?.....

felix

Nothing short of phenomenal Graiser, have you been all the games ?, in your honest opinion do you think you will retain a play off spot ?.....
My view is we have a decent chance of retaining 6th.

We really are playing some good stuff with our first 11.

We have been lucky with this team over the last couple of months as we have been able to keep a settled line-up.

Our only recent defeat was Wigan and Paul Cook said they didn't deserve to beat us. We outplayed Shrewsbury and Blackburn and Bradford yesterday; there is no luck in this run, believe me.

I heard yesterday that we have won more games than any other side since the start of 16/17 season.

Adams has got us playing attacking football and the players are a pretty slick unit at the moment. He doesn't change the side from one week to the next. Im not sure how we would deal with a couple of injuries to any of our front 6, don't think we have the depth to deal with this.

Next week away to bottom of the table managed by an ex Argyle hero; sounds like a massive banana skin to me.

I think we have as much chance of play-offs as City do; however, I have no doubt that Championship would be a step too far for us atm.

On another note I know of a number of fans who have bets at 500/1 for us to finish in top 6 ( not me). On a £20 bet the bookies are now offering a £2,500 plus cash out!! What would you do?

Banksy

You say you are playing attacking football felix but don't seem to score many goals.Do you think you need more fire power?
Conversely ,our defensive over cautious manager treats every team as world beaters and we don't score many goals either!Without Stockley battling it out on his own up front it doesn't bear thinking about.That's where I think we will dip out.

Last edited:

Banksy

felix , meant to add , Stockley used properly up front with the right support probably would clinch your own promotion this term!

Last edited:

felix

You say you are playing attacking football felix but don't seem to score many goals.Do you think you need more fire power?
Conversely ,our defensive over cautious manager treats every team as world beaters and we don't score many goals either!Without Stockley battling it out on his own up front it doesn't bear thinking about.That's where I think we will dip out.
It's a fair point about the goals.

The difference now is we start every game with attacking intent.

We don't have an out and out goalscorer. Taylor is a hold up man who brings Carey, Lameiras and Sarcevic into the game. These three are very attacking and defences struggle to hold them. Also Bradley is a menace at the back post from corners and free kicks. We now find our opponents set up to try and stifle us. Should have had two yesterday but Ness missed a sitter, as did Taylor at Oxford.

Adams is still keen to protect a lead but we no longer go ultra defensive as soon as we go ahead. If we are ahead with about 15 to go (which we have been recently) Adams will take (probably) Lameiras off for the more defensive Songoo and also bring on Taylor-Sinclair to shore up our weaker left flank. We still defend very well (as per last season) and often as teams come at us to save the game we get opportunities (as Ness found yesterday).

With the way we now play I'm not convinced an out and out goalscorer would add much value but if we lost Taylor through injury I'm not sure what we would do (I hear Simon Church got injured in the warm up yesterday). We are riding high on the wave at the moment but we have so many "key" players throughout the team that we cannot afford to lose one or two. Mind you we said that when Diagouraga left and Ness has come in and played even better than him.

I not sure the capital could cope with Argyle at wembley one day and City the next (doesn't bear thinking about!!)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
On another note I know of a number of fans who have bets at 500/1 for us to finish in top 6 ( not me). On a £20 bet the bookies are now offering a £2,500 plus cash out!! What would you do?
Me, I'd purchase a red and white striped football shirt and stop pretending to be green when they are winning.

felix

Me, I'd purchase a red and white striped football shirt and stop pretending to be green when they are winning.
Well do it then!

Saw you in the Devonport end yesterday trying to remember players' names.

Gave yourself away with your Ted Baker flat cap and Waitrose bag.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not me. I was at work so I couldn't have been in Demport.

STURTZ

It's a fair point about the goals.

The difference now is we start every game with attacking intent.

We don't have an out and out goalscorer. Taylor is a hold up man who brings Carey, Lameiras and Sarcevic into the game. These three are very attacking and defences struggle to hold them. Also Bradley is a menace at the back post from corners and free kicks. We now find our opponents set up to try and stifle us. Should have had two yesterday but Ness missed a sitter, as did Taylor at Oxford.

Adams is still keen to protect a lead but we no longer go ultra defensive as soon as we go ahead. If we are ahead with about 15 to go (which we have been recently) Adams will take (probably) Lameiras off for the more defensive Songoo and also bring on Taylor-Sinclair to shore up our weaker left flank. We still defend very well (as per last season) and often as teams come at us to save the game we get opportunities (as Ness found yesterday).

With the way we now play I'm not convinced an out and out goalscorer would add much value but if we lost Taylor through injury I'm not sure what we would do (I hear Simon Church got injured in the warm up yesterday). We are riding high on the wave at the moment but we have so many "key" players throughout the team that we cannot afford to lose one or two. Mind you we said that when Diagouraga left and Ness has come in and played even better than him.

I not sure the capital could cope with Argyle at wembley one day and City the next (doesn't bear thinking about!!)
Don't get too carried away with yourself felix, you're still crap.