Thread: Morecambe - 17th March.

Morecambe - 17th March.

The coach is half full & there should be the usual assortment of exiles on the north Lancashire coast for this game.

The ground is not in a great location since The Shrimps moved.I & a few others I expect,will be in The York Hotel pub(hope itís still open !) which is near to where the former ground at Christie Park was situated.Its about a 20 minute walk from The Globe Arena.

Always a favourite trip of mine.

Re: Morecambe - 17th March.

Skipping this one.

It is possible to do this on the train..A bit steep £160 return from Exeter,though by ticket splits it can be knocked down to around £130..To save a mad rush,anyone who is thinking about that option,get a taxi from the ground to Lancaster station & pick up the 1742 south.

I have decided to drive,even though I do not have a particularly economical motor,it’s still a lot cheaper than the train fare..

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsmobile-88 View Post

The ground is not in a great location since The Shrimps moved.I & a few others I expect,will be in The York Hotel pub(hope it’s still open !) which is near to where the former ground at Christie Park was situated.Its about a 20 minute walk from The Globe Arena.
    Went past the York Hotel at 1150 & it was shut..!..It does not look permanent,but perhaps it’s just open in the evening.