Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Jayden Stockley

Re: Jayden Stockley

Good business all round. Picked him up for free, got him scoring goals and shipped him out for a wedge.

Got to say though that it would have been better if he and Stockley could have formed one of those deadly strike partnerships but hey ho.

Fingers uncrossed and looking forward to next season!

60k isn't a wedge

What happens if Stockley gets injured? Would we like to have Reid as back up?

Quote Originally Posted by tonykellowfan View Post
    60k isn't a wedge

Conveniently forgetting a prolific Robbie Simpson?

60k isn't a wedge

But a very unhappy Reid I would guess who wouldn't play with the heart he did when he started the season.

60k isn't a wedge

60k is a guess. I used "wedge" as an unspecified amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily Exiled View Post
    Wasn't Reid's contract up at the end of the season? Also, he wasn't getting games, and was reportedly on high wages - not a strong negotiating position for us to start from.
    Can't see that FGR's position was necessarily that strong either. You have a Chairman who had heavily bank rolled a club over a number of seasons to achieve his dream of getting of getting into the Football League, only to face the real prospect of relegation back down to the Conference. He was prepared to spend big in the window to avert that happening.
    Last edited by Colesman Ballz; 06 March 2018 at 19:53.

Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    This season Reid became more of the main man and duly scored well until he was rewarded with a place on the bench. Stockley is a good goalscorer at Div 2 level but perhaps Reid would have scored even more than Stockley if he had been in the first team throughout this season. Let me repeat, I'm not knocking Stockley at all, but we have to be fair to Reid, who in my opinion did nothing wrong before he was transferred. ?
    From memory I believe Reid played a good ten games or so (the first five ish without Stockley)without scoring a single goal! Far from being rewarded with a place on the bench as you say most managers would have dropped Reid well before Tiz lost patience with him.

Err think your memory might be suspect SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by STURTZ View Post
    Err think your memory might be suspect SJ.
    Actually it was 12 games without a goal, 16 if you don't count the tinpot trophy game v. Chelsea kids.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=43701

He got 3 goals after Stockley arrived (first game 2nd Sept), 2 v. FGR and 1 v. Barnet on 12th Sept when Stockley got the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by John William View Post
    Actually it was 12 games without a goal, 16 if you don't count the tinpot trophy game v. Chelsea kids.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=43701

He got 3 goals after Stockley arrived (first game 2nd Sept), 2 v. FGR and 1 v. Barnet on 12th Sept when Stockley got the winner.
    You're wrong again. He scored 7 goals in the first 7 league games. Then Stockley came onto the scene and it all changed. The point is he was doing well until Stockley arrived. Please check your facts first.