• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sack the groundsman

Our pitch is horrific and we are becoming the new Newport . more mud than grass on it. .. all this chat about how much we have spent on it, well it should be good with a decent greenkeeper looking after it. Being a qualified groundsman myself I would be embarrassed to Present our pitch on a Saturday afternoon.! Maybe ours is on Minimum wage and doesn't really care About presentation
Even his white lines are crooked! Discuss

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Steady on old chap : there are mitigating circumstances such as hold-ups in the close season due to construction and the significant amount of rain fallen over the last month.

LDNGrecian

You haven't got a scooby do about anything pitch related. Clive and his team do a fantastic job keeping our games on.

Yes I do have a scooby. I earn a living out of it. Keeping the game on you say. It's his job

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Yes I do have a scooby. I earn a living out of it. Keeping the game on you say. It's his job
Any chance of letting others know which grounds you look after so we can have a look at your groundskeeping skills ?

Brinty IFA

Er......so does Clive Pring, big boy. So that makes him as much of an expert as you? Before he was City’s groundsman, he was a green keeper at Woodbury. I’m confident he knows more about City’s pitch than you.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any chance of letting others know which grounds you look after so we can have a look at your groundskeeping skills ?
Totally agree Ramone, maybe we can take an exeweb minibus tour to admire his efforts ! Naturally taking in the odd pub or three along the way !

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The pitch is fine, in fact it's bloody brilliant, we keep on winning on it for the first time in yonks.

Totally agree Ramone, maybe we can take an exeweb minibus tour to admire his efforts ! Naturally taking in the odd pub or three along the way !
Keen! Would be a good pub Crawl, my grounds include schools, colleges, cricket pitches and football. From Taunton up too around axbridge/cheddar area. Where is the meeting point?

All joking aside and the op is a bit harsh but why does everyone defend our groundsman?
And please none of the long hours ect. I was involved with county cricket and 60 plus hours week in summer