• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City AFC v Coventry City AFC Official Match Day Thread. 13/1/2018

Rog H K

Did you know on this day in 1822*the design of the*Greek flag*is adopted by the*First National Assembly at Epidaurus?

Come on you Grecians, wave them flags!

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Greetings from down under, will be in Perth for this one, which has a more favourable time difference than Sydney, so will be staying awake for this one UTC

IndoMike

Did you know on this day in 1822*the design of the*Greek flag*is adopted by the*First National Assembly at Epidaurus?

Come on you Grecians, wave them flags!
Come on you Epidaurusians!!

suffolklad

Greetings from down under, will be in Perth for this one, which has a more favourable time difference than Sydney, so will be staying awake for this one UTC
In Newcastle NSW. so i'm afraid it'll tomorrow for me.

PeteUSA

In Avondale (Phoenix) AZ as usual, offering my expert goalkeeping analysis.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Coventry away is when the season started to go wrong, not helped by the injury to JMT just before half time. This would be a good opportunity to get our season back on track. Hopefully a sensible starting XI from Tisdale! Will be on a rain in Switzerland so not sure what I'll know of the game.

Jason's preview - http://www.exeweb.com/2018/01/12/next-up-exeter-city-vs-coventry-city/

David Treharne

A dull and somewhat chilly start to the day. Although the thermometer says 6 there's a very brisk SSE wind blowing at 4-5 that makes it feel much colder. There are also flecks of rain in the air, nothing significant as yet - there was only a trace in the rain gauge, but it looks as though there could be showers later. So that's 100% light grey cloud cover with little sign that it's going to break up at any time during the day. Notionally 'sunset' is 16.23 but I think we'll have the floodlights off from the start. I met a couple of Coventry supporters last night, and their club sounds a complete and utter mess. They only go to away games now, and were curious about what fan ownership was like. I tried to be as positive as possible.
Incidentally there's a great article by Jeremy Alexander in the middle pages of today's sports Guardian (last edition before it becomes tabloid!) in which Exeter City gets a more than honourable mention. If you are able to post a link I'd much appreciate it, cos I will not be able to do it until I can get to my home computer.
Update at 13:00 and some interesting looking ales in FECRACE today - especially the Cheddar one.

iscalad

Last edited:

IndoMike

Nice article about the contrast between lower league and PL . Bit confused though about City selling players to value of 4m "to clear the 4m one-side stadium", as if we were paying for it. I guess another case of lazy journalism.

scottus86

I'll be trying to watch it in a kitchen in Punta Arenas, Chile. UTC, let's get this season back on track.