• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sky Sports: Ethan Ampadu impressing at Chelsea after rapid rise from Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
An excellent piece on the Sky Sports website today:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15116/11200782/ethan-ampadu-impressing-at-chelsea-after-rapid-rise-from-exeter

As an aside, I reckon we'll know a bit more about where Ethan's immediate future lies after tonight's Carabao Cup semi-final between Chelsea and Arsenal; if he starts then I can't see him going out on loan to Sunderland or anywhere else.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
An excellent piece on the Sky Sports website today:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15116/11200782/ethan-ampadu-impressing-at-chelsea-after-rapid-rise-from-exeter

As an aside, I reckon we'll know a bit more about where Ethan's immediate future lies after tonight's Carabao Cup semi-final between Chelsea and Arsenal; if he starts then I can't see him going out on loan to Sunderland or anywhere else.
It is an excellent write-up heaping praise on Amps and on our academy. Very detailed too, and interesting to read.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent piece.

He played last night in the EFL Trophy, but I guess at his age he should be able to handle playing on successive days (when I was 17 I'd often play twice on the same day, albeit at a *slightly* lower level!).

Benguin

Excellent piece. let's hope the predictions about his worth are realised.
The academy really comes out of this in an even better light as well.

IndoMike

Excellent piece.

He played last night in the EFL Trophy, but I guess at his age he should be able to handle playing on successive days (when I was 17 I'd often play twice on the same day, albeit at a *slightly* lower level!).
Think maybe Chelsea will make every effort in this match and play their experienced players. With the PL long gone they need to win something. But it would be great to see how Amps fared in such a big game.

denzil

Interesting piece in the article -

" Simon Hayward, who managed Exeter's youth academy for 13 years up until last summer"

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting piece in the article -

" Simon Hayward, who managed Exeter's youth academy for 13 years up until last summer"
Yep he had a fall out with the club.

StroudGrecian

Does Clinton Morrison really think he was quicker than Ethan? (rofl)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be good to think that the people who sit on the tribunal read and digest articles like this.

Cygnus

I wasn’t even aware until reading this article that Simon Hayward had left the club. What was the fall out about? A disappointing end to his time at City, after developing so many good players for the 1st team, which ‘Tis seemed to take the credit for all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.