Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: the pitch

Re: the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by DanceMagnet View Post
    What absolute tosh. Nobody is saying men can play at SJP, and women canít - weíve seen a female linesman letís not forget. Iím a male Trust member, but I canít play at SJP. Is that discriminatory? Of course not! You accuse me of not reading your post, but you donít seem to understand it would need to be commercially viable. I would assume also that if the ladies team reached their cup semis or final, or whatever, they may well be afforded the opportunity to play at SJP.
    I have stated multiple times that it would be contingent on the women's team attracting a minimum of 400 paying supporters. This is a minimum, and last season Yeovil averaged 743 supporters in division 2! The average top-flight attendance last season was 1,128, with division 2 sides averaging 443. So if we reached these heights in the women's game, and we had a hybrid pitch, I question whether the ladies should play at St James Park.

These attendance figures are definitely within the 'commercially viable' range, with the top end being decently profitable.
    Last edited by Temporarily Exiled; 07 April 2018 at 09:49.

Sorry for the double post, but the edit function seems to only work intermittently on my browser. That average attendance in division 2 for Yeovil Ladies is actually higher than the lowest attendance at SJP for a first team fixture last season (729 vs Swindon in the Checkatrade Trophy - and that match wasn't even a dead rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporarily Exiled View Post
    I have stated multiple times that it would be contingent on the women's team attracting a minimum of 400 paying supporters. This is a minimum, and last season Yeovil averaged 743 supporters in division 2! The average top-flight attendance last season was 1,128, with division 2 sides averaging 443. So if we reached these heights in the women's game, and we had a hybrid pitch, I question whether the ladies should play at St James Park.

These attendance figures are definitely within the 'commercially viable' range, with the top end being decently profitable.
    It would be a sensible business decision in that case, so why not. Nothing to do with sexism whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by DanceMagnet View Post
    It would be a sensible business decision in that case, so why not. Nothing to do with sexism whatsoever.
    Fantastic, so we agree that it's something we should be open to - and not something we should dismiss out of hand.
    Last edited by Temporarily Exiled; 07 April 2018 at 10:05.

Work has started out at the Cat & Fiddle

clive pring @ClivePring
    The first of many secondary drainage slits being installed @OfficialECFC over the next month.

Re the sjp pitch I think it was noticeable on Saturday that with a bit of sunshine and less rain it was looking in pretty good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_portland View Post
    Re the sjp pitch I think it was noticeable on Saturday that with a bit of sunshine and less rain it was looking in pretty good condition.
    Indeed. Andy took this picture yesterday

What with the Abba thingy this weekend I don't suppose any work has started on the pitch yet for next season, or are we not bothering this year?

Plenty of work to be done, I suspect Clive Pring will have his pitchfork ready at the end of the concert making sure everyone leaves his hallowed turf!

Quote Originally Posted by grecian-near-hell View Post
    What with the Abba thingy this weekend I don't suppose any work has started on the pitch yet for next season, or are we not bothering this year?
    Presumably works were scheduled for after this week because we thought / hoped we might be needing it still!