• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Curry Houses in Town

Ashford Grecian

Can anyone recommend and good Curry Houses in / near the centre of town?
Thanks in advance...

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Gurkha at Livery Dole is excellent..Also The Ghandi by the clock tower & Ganges in Fore St are of similar quality.

Do not go to Spice Island at the end of Magdalen St(old Acorn pub).That was always the curry restaurant of choice when fellow Grecians went for a night out.Unfortunately it had a change of owner/management & is in the 3rd Division of curry establishments now.

Last edited:

Terryhall

Do not go to Spice Island at the end of Magdalen St(old Acorn pub).That was always the curry restaurant of choice when fellow Grecians went for a night out.Unfortunately it had a change of owner/management & is in the 3rd Division of curry establishments now.
Good to know, have been there a few times before and liked it but will steer clear next time I'm back.

manc grecian

Ganges for me AG.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

We like Argee Bhajee in Buddle Lane for a sit down meal or a takeaway. (You can take in a drink at the Green Gables while you are waiting :$)

Maybe a bit far out to fall within the location sought in the OP though.

Last edited:

CC

Curry King in Heavitree (next to Co-op) is small but good as well.

Alistair20000

Curry King in Heavitree (next to Co-op) is small but good as well.
Is that the outfit (the Maharajah) that relocated from Cowick Street a couple of years back ?

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Given that we are still (unfortunately) still in the 4th Division of the English football establishment is there not a risk that this might still be misinterpreted as a slight recommendation Olds? ;)

CC

Is that the outfit (the Maharajah) that relocated from Cowick Street a couple of years back ?
Yes that's right.

LOG

We like Argee Bhajee in Buddle Lane for a sit down meal or a takeaway. (You can take in a drink at the Green Gables while you are waiting :$)

Maybe a bit far out to fall within the location sought in the OP though.
I've only been there once but i'd say it was the best curry i've had in Exeter.

I concur about the Ganges for somewhere more central but would advise booking if you're going on a Friday/Saturday as it does seem to be very popular.