• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cunning plans

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since it's now getting on for 7 seasons & more since our genius manager has produced a halfway decent team (aside from occasional unfathomable runs of good fortune, such as the turn of the year last season), it's clear that his latest cunning plan is to recreate the teams that achieved success. Literally.

Problem is that Harley, Archibald-Henville, Moxey, Seaborne, & doubtless Jones, are all well past whatever sell-by dates they had, & are now ripping our Club off royally.

Alternatively, Tisdale is just a pathetic grudge-bearing piece of work, & he's lumbering the Club who finally saw through him & his absurd rolling contract with a bunch of has-beens who will leave City looking like a laughing-stock just in time for Tisdale to run away to an over-paid job in haberdashery with his mate up country.

cambmike

2nd best performance in 2017 after Luton in Division 2 with Wheeler, Watkins, Grant and Ampadu moving to a higher level...................

Jazzi

2nd best performance in 2017 after Luton in Division 2 with Wheeler, Watkins, Grant and Ampadu moving to a higher level...................
I can cope with anything.....................except facts

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is it down to "we don't look for players, players contact us and ask for a job". Undoubtably all those ex players that are looking to supliment their pensions know this, give Tis a ring, and invariably end up be given a nice little earner.

Terryhall

Its easy to look at any scenario and see what you expect to see there. Looking at each of these objectively the only ones that puzzle me were the return of TAH (who to be fair is now completing 90 mins at least) and now Jones - but then we don't know if the club has received enquiries or offers for Pym - in which case, a replacement goalie would be needed and I am sure Jones can still perform at L2 level.

If we were to be critical of the club then you could say that our scouting doesn't seem to extend far beyond the list of players who have moved on and are now coming back down the other side of the curve of their professional career - but then that has been the same for a number of years now and I suppose is something we will just have to get used to. Equally, however, you could just as easily point to players such as Reid, Stockley, McAlinden, Boateng, James, Woodman, Hamon etc all of whom joined in recent years and who (at least first time around in Stockleys case) were not previously known to the club. I doubt that every single one of them turned up cap in hand at the Cat and Fiddle for a trial, no doubt at least some if not all were scouted.

fred binneys head

Ultimately Tisdale will be judged on the success of the season come May. If we get promoted then he has pulled a master stroke and getting players in that know the club and its ethos was a brilliant idea. Fail to get promoted and the idea of lazily asking old, sometimes injured players to return was as bad as some of us think it might be. I really hope to be eating a slice of humble pie in May.

Terryhall

Ultimately Tisdale will be judged on the success of the season come May. If we get promoted then he has pulled a master stroke and getting players in that know the club and its ethos was a brilliant idea. Fail to get promoted and the idea of lazily asking old, sometimes injured players to return was as bad as some of us think it might be. I really hope to be eating a slice of humble pie in May.
We had a storming start it's true, but I think that if you'd said to me before a ball was kicked that we'd finish top 7 and have another run at the playoffs, then I'd have taken that - so I'd agree with what you say that he'll be judged in May, but for me if we can get top 7 and another run to Wembley then for me personally I'd find it hard to describe that as failure.

elginCity

"Ripping our club off, royally" is a strong assertion to make, and based on what ?

Harley has always appeared lazy, but common consensus is that he is now adding something positive to the midfield, Seaborne is still finding his feet, quite literally at times, but hasn't let us down yet. TAH has put in a couple of impressive performances, despite struggling physically at times, since filling in for the absent CB titans. Moxey has learned a few cunning tricks, and does project a "don't you know who I am ?" aura at times, but I've no doubts about his motive generally as he's a City lad born n bred.

Nobody know what they've been offered, all are in their early 30s rather than completely over-the-hill and they bring a wealth of higher level experience to the table.

STURTZ

Strangely our early form didn't include any of our returning old warhorses (unless you include Taylor), our dip in form has coincided with the increasing introduction of old faces.

They need to show that they are not just back here for an easy ride into the sunset.

elginCity

Strangely our early form didn't include any of our returning old warhorses (unless you include Taylor), our dip in form has coincided with the increasing introduction of old faces.

They need to show that they are not just back here for an easy ride into the sunset.
Our dip in form coincided with the loss of the first of the aforementioned titans, away at Coventry. The JMT/Troy Brown pairing was the bedrock, confidence stemmed from it and we haven't yet recovered from the loss.