• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Red Legion

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Before Xmas I posted as to whether the Red Legion were planning one of the "spectaculars" for the WBA match, without any response from the RL. At the Barnet match I noticed that the Red Legion Banner hanging at the top of the Big Bank was no longer in place. I do hope that this does not mean that there has been some falling out with Club, and that they will be present and in full voice on Saturday.

Langer

I wonder if a small percentage of them were **** heads so get moved on.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There will be a display on Saturday.

Colesman Ballz

There will be a display on Saturday.
Excellent news !

Pete Martin (CTID)

Both the Trust and the club seem to be supporting this initiative.

Colesman Ballz

Both the Trust and the club seem to be supporting this initiative.
Again excellent news, although with the caveat that I find it a trifle worrying that as a Trustee you only seem to think that the Trust is supporting this. This lends some credence to what has worrying me for some time, that whilst Trustees do superb work in their own fields on the sub boards, there is a lack of overall cohesion, as witnessed by failure to properly organise the holding of the AGM. Had they not seen fit to cancel the December board meeting then perhaps you would have been kept fully in the loop ?

Again it brings back the total lack of urgency being shown, in relation to the proposed Trust Meeting to properly conclude the AGM to the memberships satisfaction. This should be down to new Chairman to quickly stamp his authority, and get the Trust Board acting as one cohesive unit again, which certainly doesn't seem to have happened over the last twelve months or so.

Terryhall

I got an e-mail about it - here you go for those attending:

email I got about Red Legion said:
The Red Legion are going to be very busy on Saturday. In the past they have made some notable contributions to big occasions. Not least of which was the memorable Liverpool display and the Wembley terrorist response. For WBA they have some optimistic plans that will need the help of all fans' to be realised. They plan to extend their activities on Saturday to the seated area and they hope those supporters will participate and be part of it. They will need a lot of help to make their financial investment worthwhile, particularly with their showpiece!

The showpiece they are hoping to pull off is a supporter “Red & White Wall” display from the fans in the IP office Main stand. This is based on the display foils used by the Gargoyles when we have made recent appearances at their place. The biggest problem will be getting old farts like me in the stand, in particular, to actually hold the foil up, because many take up their seats so late, almost on kick-off. Any help with publicity and cascading information on how supporters should hold their foil up and when would be appreciated.

The display should start by lifting the foils as soon as the players enter the field around 2:55pm until the Respect Handshake takes place, so that the WBA players are facing a solid red & white wall. The trick will be to get the message across by holding up the foil without losing the vocal effect of cheering the City Team onto the field.

The Red Legion will be in at 9am on Saturday morning to load the rolled up foils into the seat structure bases. This will be a very time consuming and labour intensive activity. The foils will be distributed with alternate colours per block. They will be back again at final whistle to collect the foils. The modus operandi to load the seats with foils was successfully tested last night and found to be unaffected by the wind and easy to remove without damaging seat or foil. Pre-match there may be a few RL members between the IP Office turnstile and the Red & Fed kiosk to let incoming supporters know of the display and the important part they play as newly recruited Legionnaires for the day.

There are likely to be a couple of tannoy announcements asking seated supporters to participate and support the Legion to create the Red & White wall. If possible, it would be great if the supporters could help the volunteers who sweep the stadium after the match by depositing foils in the green bins provided. If this is done sensitively rather than trampled underfoot, the foils can be recycled and reused by the Red Legion.

Do your best to join in wherever you are and whatever age you are!!
Sounds like it will be a good display and hats off again to RL

MagzECFC

Before Xmas I posted as to whether the Red Legion were planning one of the "spectaculars" for the WBA match, without any response from the RL. At the Barnet match I noticed that the Red Legion Banner hanging at the top of the Big Bank was no longer in place. I do hope that this does not mean that there has been some falling out with Club, and that they will be present and in full voice on Saturday.
I believe it got battered in the wind a few weeks back.

i8cornwall

Yeah it broke. It's all fixed and should be back up again by Saturday.

Colesman Ballz

Yeah it broke. It's all fixed and should be back up again by Saturday.
Excellent news !