• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luton (a) Sat Feb 3rd

Information

Possibly one of the worst away ends in the Football League.

24 quid
Tickets on sale now

Ashford Grecian

Ouch that's steep! Anyway clap, clap + junior....

eurogrecian

I quite like it. Good roof acoustics and the entrance is surreal!
I'm flying in for the day for this one.
Tough match, but Port Vale proved they are not invincible if you get at them. I expect us to play 5 across the back then...!

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tough match, but Port Vale proved they are not invincible if you get at them. I expect us to play 5 across the back then...!
Good acoustics yes, rest is rubbish. Anyone over 5ft has no leg room. Anyone who is 5ft or under won't see anything. The toilets make our old away end ones look like Wembley. And Luton itself is such an unwelcoming place that last year we ended up in the slightly surreal surroundings of the Conservative club for a pre-match beer.

Given Tisdale plays 1 up front against teams 22nd, 23rd and 24th, I expect Stockley, Reid, McAlinden and Simpson all to start!

Not sure I can stomach 24 notes (plus travel and refreshments) to watch Hylton knock in a hat-trick and unless we have won at Notts County on 20th Jan, we won't have won away in nearly 4 months (Carlisle 7th Oct)

eurogrecian

last year we ended up in the slightly surreal surroundings of the Conservative club for a pre-match beer
I brought a French mate over for the game last year. He thought the Con Club was brilliant - approached through a Muslim area, in a run down pile, lined with shag pile carpet and a guy in slippers and a cardigan with an honesty box on the door!
Eccentric Britain at its best. Bring it on!

Last edited:

Information

eurogrecian

Wycombe only being charged 20 Quid 4 days earlier ??[/url]
They divide their home games into three categories "with a slight difference in price depending on the demand".
You'd have thought a local derby against another team in the play-off places might be at least as (in)expense as the game against us....

Rog H K

Last time I was stuck behing a post with leg room of minus 2 inches. Being over 6' I could not sit comfortably as these are seats screwed on 1914 terrace. Told to sit down behind the post many times. Horrid place. Had to sway around the post like a lunatic! Thank heavens the time I went we came back from 2-1 to 2-3 in front of my post...goal!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Last time I was stuck behing a post with leg room of minus 2 inches. Being over 6' I could not sit comfortably as these are seats screwed on 1914 terrace. Told to sit down behind the post many times. Horrid place. Had to sway around the post like a lunatic! Thank heavens the time I went we came back from 2-1 to 2-3 in front of my post...goal!
The worst football ground for this in my experience, is the away end at the Valley, the seating there can only comfortably accommodate kids and midgets ! It is about time that the EFL and Premier***** adopted minimum ergonomic standards for grounds. The only smaller seating that I've experienced is in a West End theatre, built in the 1800's, but at least there, the ushers seeing my discomfort, moved me and my partner into a vacant box at the end of the first act ! #result

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster

24 quid
Tickets on sale now
About £23 too much for me after getting my knees crushed last year.