• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The next seven games...

scottus86

The next seven games are make or break for our season, we play against 5 teams in the top six. If we can take 4 wins from that, then I think our season is still on track. After today's performance though it's going to be a struggle.

Coventry (win)
Notts county (lose)
Yeovil (draw)
Luton (win)
Wycombe (draw)
Port vale (draw)
Mansfield (draw)

10th place and on track for Mid table finish.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can’t see us getting much on the road at the moment..We will be lucky to escape a hammering at Luton on the past couple of months showing away from home.

Rog H K

Win the FA cup and Ill take 10th.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
The results of these games are certainly important but equally so will be the performances of those teams around us. At present had we secured three points against FGR we would be 3rd and if that were the case we would owe our position as much to other’s failures as to our own successes.

dontpassback

The results of these games are certainly important but equally so will be the performances of those teams around us. At present had we secured three points against FGR we would be 3rd and if that were the case we would owe our position as much to other’s failures as to our own successes.
Poor league,and consistency will get promotion,unfortunately I don’t think we are consistent enough to be in the frame,we have the players but we also have a manager whose selections at times are simply baffling !

scottus86

I don't really see us beating Luton either, but we nearly always win games that think are unwinable and lose the games I think are a certain 3 points.

Banksy

Seven points from twenty one max I reckon.
Especially if we lose JMT and Troy B is out for much longer.
Added to which we will be hamstrung by a manager who tries to baffle the opposition and only succeeds in confusing himself and the team.Any new player he signs will be equally confused by his tactics too.If we signed a prolific striker he'd try to convert him to a right back or goalkeeper or keep him in reserve on the bench for the last five minutes.
Oh dear.......

Last edited:

ecfctis

Probably see us drop to mid-table mediocrity!

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Very tricky run of games.....

It's hard to see us not sitting in mid table once the mid - end of Feb comes around given our current form

Time will tell I suppose

Coventry H (win) working
Notts county A (win) going
Yeovil H (win) working
Luton A (draw) going
Wycombe H (win) working
Port vale A (draw) going
Mansfield H (win) going
Crewe A (win) going
Grimsby A (win) going

Nine-match unbeaten run against tough sides sees us into second spot, then it all goes tits-up and we do a Carlisle and just scrape in the playoffs