Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Players Moving on Thread

Re: Players Moving on Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianLez View Post
    JMT to Middlesborough... rumours or is there truth in it??
    I think JMT is really important to us and a very good League Two player, who could succeed in League One.

But I'd be gobsmacked if Middlesborough thought he could improve their team.

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    Steve Tully and Wayne Carlisle are on standby should their loan deals not be renewed.
    Changing the subject slightly, and it's entirely conceivable I simply haven't been looking hard enough, but not sure I've seen Wayno around recently. Reasonably certain that at one stage he was involved with the first team squad on matchdays, but haven't caught sight of him on the bench in recent weeks. Does anyone know if he's still with us or whether, perhaps, his role has changed?

As a further aside, am I the only one slightly concerned that the new dugouts are apparently incapable of accommodating all our coaching staff? Appreciate Stevie P has never been one for sitting in the dugout at SJP, but can't help feeling for Andy Tillson, who has been reduced to finding a seat in the Flybe since the dugouts swapped sides. Assuming he makes a useful input it would seem sensible to try and accommodate him pitch-side, along with the rest of the coaching team.
    Last edited by Egg; 03 January 2018 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Changing the subject slightly, and it's entirely conceivable I simply haven't been looking hard enough, but not sure I've seen Wayno around recently. Reasonably certain that at one stage he was involved with the first team squad on matchdays, but haven't caught sight of him on the bench in recent weeks. Does anyone know if he's still with us or whether, perhaps, his role has changed?
    I think someone else raised this recently, but the answer was that Wayno is involved with younger players, not the first team (I regret I don't where to find where this was posted)

As a further aside, am I the only one slightly concerned that the new dugouts are apparently incapable of accommodating all our coaching staff? Appreciate Stevie P has never been one for sitting in the dugout at SJP, but can't help feeling for Andy Tillson, who has been reduced to finding a seat in the Flybe since the dugouts swapped sides. Assuming he makes a useful input it would seem sensible to try and accommodate him pitch-side, along with the rest of the coaching team.
    Could it be that Tillson gets a better view from the stand and sits there deliberately.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew p long View Post
    I think someone else raised this recently, but the answer was that Wayno is involved with younger players, not the first team (I regret I don't where to find where this was posted)
    Yes running one of the younger age groups can't remember which one or ones ?

Are you not slightly more concerned that we have so many coaches that they can't all be accommodated pitchside!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolms View Post
    Are you not slightly more concerned that we have so many coaches that they can't all be accommodated pitchside!!!!
    I'm concerned that they are not doing a lot of good, probably talk a good game but certainly not influencing games, especially away from home,too many cooks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    Could it be that Tillson gets a better view from the stand and sits there deliberately.
    It could. However, it's only since we got the [cosy] new dugouts he's been separated from the rest of the coaching team.

Quote Originally Posted by chunkymorrinmunter View Post
    I'm concerned that they are not doing a lot of good, probably talk a good game but certainly not influencing games, especially away from home,too many cooks!!!
    Don't agree, hard to say for sure whether it has been a factor but my personal opinion would be that it can't be a coincidence that since we increased the number of coaches we have had one of the best 12 month spells of form we have had in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    Don't agree, hard to say for sure whether it has been a factor but my personal opinion would be that it can't be a coincidence that since we increased the number of coaches we have had one of the best 12 month spells of form we have had in years.
    I agree to some extent, Terry. It could also be said (devils advocate) that if the manager needs a considerably large team of coaches to achieve success then the manager is not such great shakes.