Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 135

Thread: Players Moving on Thread

  1. #41

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    8,360

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    According to birminghammail.co.uk. Kane Wilson has been recalled by Pardew along with other development players. Pardew says he's sorry but due to circumstances their personal development must be at WBA for the moment. No mention of Edwards
    Last edited by IndoMike; 03 January 2018 at 15:18.

  2. #42

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Moomin Grecian View Post
    I get that JMT has some limitations but to compare him with Scot Bennett is pretty harsh.
    Trying to scare him off leaving but not bettering himself. I'm sure they all spend their afternoons poring over Exeweb.

  3. #43
    hardi2b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    740

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    "He has returned to training along with Rekeem Harper and Kane Wilson.“We brought the guys on loan back in because I thought it was important I saw their personalities and have a look at what they do on the training ground rather than seeing their little performances on video,” explained Pardew.

  4. #44
    Terryhall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    3,307

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    That's a blow. Back in the market for a specialist right back then I suppose. Hopefully Sparkes and/or Jay can step into the gap left by Edwards (not exactly the same kind of player but certainly can fulfil a role in that part of the pitch)

  5. #45

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    8,360

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Terryhall View Post
    That's a blow. Back in the market for a specialist right back then I suppose. Hopefully Sparkes and/or Jay can step into the gap left by Edwards (not exactly the same kind of player but certainly can fulfil a role in that part of the pitch)
    The article didn't mention Edwards, Terry. Just Wilson.

  6. #46

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IndoMike View Post
    According to birminghammail.co.uk. Kane Wilson has been recalled by Pardew along with other development players. Pardew says he's sorry but due to circumstances their personal development must be at WBA for the moment. No mention of Edwards
    My understanding is that once we drew WBA in the cup, it was always the intention that Kane Wilson and Jake Edwards would spend this week back at their parent club. Ultimately, I guess, that is where their loyalty lies and, that aside, Exeter's plans might conceivably be compromised were they to spend the week training at the Cat & Fiddle.

    Of course, it might well be that they impress so much on their return to the Black Country that Alan Pardew decides he will hang on to one, or both, for the rest of the season, as is his prerogative.

    That said, my understanding is that it's entirely conceivable Wilson's and Edwards' loan agreements will be extended as and when Saturday is out of the way.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pining for a Devon country pub.
    Posts
    8,360

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    My understanding is that once we drew WBA in the cup, it was always the intention that Kane Wilson and Jake Edwards would spend this week back at their parent club. Ultimately, I guess, that is where their loyalty lies and, that aside, Exeter's plans might conceivably be compromised were they to spend the week training at the Cat & Fiddle.

    Of course, it might well be that they impress so much on their return to the Black Country that Alan Pardew decides he will hang on to one, or both, for the rest of the season, as is his prerogative.

    That said, my understanding is that it's entirely conceivable Wilson's and Edwards' loan agreements will be extended as and when Saturday is out of the way.
    What you say sounds logical, Egg. The article sounded less optimistic as far as we're concerned, but i'm sure there's a chance Wilson will come back.

  8. #48
    manc grecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    following through
    Posts
    17,238

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    Steve Tully and Wayne Carlisle are on standby should their loan deals not be renewed.

  9. #49
    denzil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    east of the Exe and west of the Axe
    Posts
    2,939

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    Edward's pace always caused a problem when he came on for City. Oh for Wheeler back on loan but he wouldn't be match fit (?)

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hagley, Stourbridge
    Posts
    5,535

    Re: Players Moving on Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    it was always the intention that Kane Wilson and Jake Edwards would spend this week back at their parent club. Ultimately, I guess, that is where their loyalty lies and, that aside, Exeter's plans might conceivably be compromised were they to spend the week training at the Cat & Fiddle.

    That said, my understanding is that it's entirely conceivable Wilson's and Edwards' loan agreements will be extended as and when Saturday is out of the way.
    And indeed if Kane returns this week to WBA they could re-loan him back to us at any time before the end of January. I'd think WBA were in an even worse position than previously thought if they think that a 17 year old,currently learning his trade in League Two, is going to be the difference that saves their Premier League place. If they need a right back now, then surely they'll go for a bigger, more experienced name.

    (meanwhile Egg- it is not Jake Edwards (!) that WBA might want back, but Kyle Edwards)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •