Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Players Moving on Thread

Re: Players Moving on Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fred binneys head View Post
    The point is - if that’s the case (and it looks likely), then why is he the player chosen by Tisdale? Why not get a different player that has had a good pre-season and is fit? Answer - it takes more effort to find them.
    No because the transfer window was shut so you could only sign a free agents ,so there wouldn’t be a huge list of
    Players with his pedigree to choose from.

Right or wrong choice we’ll find out over the next month .
    Last edited by Red Monster; 03 January 2018 at 08:16.

I’m sure there were more players available than one - Tisdale signed him because he already knew him.

I’m sure there were more players available than one - Tisdale signed him because he already knew him.
    There’s quite a few players who come down for a week and train with us that goes under the radar
    and there names are not plastered all over Exeweb , another player from West Brom was with us in October.
    Last edited by Red Monster; 03 January 2018 at 08:43.

I don't think we will go up this season or reach the play offs, we have been too inconsistent the past couple of months.

We should sell JMT to get some money for him now, and try and get some young defenders on loan or better yet try some of our own youth players.

What I have seen past few games is Seabourne isn't match fit yet, TAH should be nowhere near the starting 11 - Surely we have some defenders in the youth ranks we could give a chance too.

The point is - if that’s the case (and it looks likely), then why is he the player chosen by Tisdale? Why not get a different player that has had a good pre-season and is fit? Answer - it takes more effort to find them.
    Alternative answer: you can’t sign players outside the transfer window unless they’re free agents - it’s unlikely a free agent would have had a good pre season.
    Another alternative answer: a different player that’s had a good pre season and is fit would cost an awful lot more than a free agent.

I'm disappointed (but not totally surprised) about Moxey. I think he's on a 3-year (?) contract which I think was a very generous offer. I believe he is lost in midfield and can only play left back. I know he's a City legend and I'm sure he's a nice bloke, but is he the player that he was?

The number is indeed more than one. It is two.

An analysis of the transfers in of all 92 league clubs for the three months Oct-Dec shows that the total number of defenders signed who were eligible to play before January is only two.

They were Dan Seaborne and a chap called Ryan McGivern, who had been training with Northampton for some weeks before signing for them in November on a contract until January.He hasn't started a single league game in the two months since signing.

There is no evidence of an alternative pool of defenders that we could have signed instead of Seaborne.

Here's the list. Who should we have signed instead?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/42432540
    Last edited by andrew p long; 03 January 2018 at 09:38.

Fair enough, I was wrong. Fair play to Tis for getting someone in then!

#backinmybox

JMT lacks pace and really needs a quick LB beside him, one reason we struggle at the back because we don't have one, and because of that I don't think clubs above League 1 will show interest. If he leaves it would not surprise me if his future is to scratch around L2 like Scott Bennett.

Stay here JMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Fish View Post
    JMT lacks pace and really needs a quick LB beside him, one reason we struggle at the back because we don't have one, and because of that I don't think clubs above League 1 will show interest. If he leaves it would not surprise me if his future is to scratch around L2 like Scott Bennett.

Stay here JMT.
    I get that JMT has some limitations but to compare him with Scot Bennett is pretty harsh.