Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Players Moving on Thread

Re: Players Moving on Thread

Quote Originally Posted by manc grecian View Post
    Can move for free in the summer
    Wasn't aware of that. Shame we didn't tie him down for longer

Quote Originally Posted by CREDYGRECIAN View Post
    Lad at work today who doesn't get much wrong about city tells me JMT is off.....
    I'm already looking forward to his second debut at the start of the 2027/28 season.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I'm already looking forward to his second debut at the start of the 2027/28 season.
    Looking forward to it, T A H may have got his match fitness back by then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    If that is the case we have to move him on in January and get something for him. Not sure what I would value him at to be fair - 250k?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Fog View Post
    You can only tie a player down for longer with his agreement. JMT will have been on contracts of 2 or 3 years, but if he chooses not to sign a new one, then he chooses not to sign one.

Anyone in his position will think about running down his contract so as to take the chance to move to bigger things.

For example we gave Jake Taylor a 2.5 year contract but that too is due to be up next summer when he can move for free

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at SJP

Nobody could blame JMT for moving on - he's been a decent servant and will go and triple his wages elsewhere.....

100+ games for the City and he's been pretty consistent since he realised he wasn't quick enough for left back and shifted inside to centre half.

Don't think he's quick enough to reach top level but would do a decent job for a lower half championship - promotion seeking league 1 side IMO

I like J M T however I don't think he would cut it in the Championship, could be a good league one defender though.

Too slow for the Championship imho and not the biggest.

As Manc says, he’d probably leave for nothing in the summer so what would you rather do...keep him to try to push for promotion or take say 500k plus add ons and a sell on clause now?

Personally I’d prefer he’d stay as we really don’t need the money and Seaborne just isn’t anywhere near the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin Grecian View Post
    Seaborne just isn’t anywhere near the same player.
    Give the bloke chance .. he's missed nearly half a season and pre season probably wasn't that great.. @ 30 he's got enuf time left..well get a good few seasons out of him.. providing he looks after himself.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Give the bloke chance .. he's missed nearly half a season and pre season probably wasn't that great.. @ 30 he's got enuf time left..well get a good few seasons out of him.. providing he looks after himself.
    The point is - if that’s the case (and it looks likely), then why is he the player chosen by Tisdale? Why not get a different player that has had a good pre-season and is fit? Answer - it takes more effort to find them.